Sign in to follow this  
Huddy

Why oh why do we never play a big man / little man strike partnership!

Title says it all.

We go from one extreme to the other, Duffy''s got the tactical brain of a duck, he''s useless. At Burnley and against bristol we played 2 big men up front, which gives us a lack of pace and mobiliuty. Today, we played 2 little men, woh thrive of space and playing witthsome who can hold it up.

Why not try Strihavka (or Brwon or Hartson if available) with Cureton or Martin!!! Simple

We had Mr VersatileMurray at left back by the looks of things, what a joke, Has duffy not been watching him all season, Left back is his worst position.

Why not play Lappin in there, Play Hucks on the left, Croft on the right. Then you can either play Murray at centre half, freeing spillane to play in the centre of midfield, or play Russel alongside Smith.

Marshall

Otsemobor   Spillane   Shackall   Lappin

Croft   Smith   Russel   Huckerby

Strihavka   CuretonSubs: Gilks, Murray, chadwick, martin, brown

Yes, it''s a bit risky away from home, but it gives us an attacking threat. We go down 2-0 without looking like scoring, pointless!

[quote user="lobster catcher"]Hey huddy have you turned to drink,your post makes me think you are piss''d[:D][/quote]

No, but a defeat on sunday and i might!!

Yes, sorry about the grammer, typing too quick because i''m too frustrated!!

Lappin played at left back then? Well at least Duffy''s got one brain cell! So we had Murray alongside russel did we??? Or was Spillane in midfield? Whatever it seems like we were tactically naive once again!

PS: Post typed slowly!! Hope to not appear pissed!

[quote user="lobster catcher"]hey huddy ,how near sheringham are you,i am 2.5miles wells side of it[/quote]

2.5 Miles, does that mean you live in the Hive of social activity that is weybourne!

Good post, i think Hartson and Cureton would be very productive, Hartson could hold it up and lay off chances for Cureton to finish, like he did for Brown midweek.As for the Murray situation, i agree he shouldnt play left back, but to be honest Lappin is even worse there. Russell is one who should be dumped, midfield of Spillane and Smith would work for me. Hucks, Croft and Hartson/Cureton up front. Defence of Dublin and Murray would be good.

I think none of the 3 main target men were available yesterday (brown had man flu, Dublin has a back injury & Hartson was ineligible).

For the scum game I would go with;

Marshall

Cave-Brown  Murray Shacks Lappin

Croft   Brellier  Smith  Hux

Hartson Cureton

Assuming that 1)Drury, Doc & Dublin remain injured & 2) that our mythical new manager hasn''t made any loan signings!