Sign in to follow this  
hurricane

Christian Gross

Christian Gross (remember him?) has been spotted in ASDA buying lots of bags of oranges and many packs of sports performance enhancing drinks........ready for his first training session at colney tomorrow maybe???  

I think Jewel is the best option. However I will not complain about Gross.

From Wiki...

After being fired from the Tottenham job, Gross returned to his native Switzerland, finding work as the coach of FC Basel. Although the British tabloids retained an image of Gross as a largely incompetent figure, he didn''t care and worked steadily to rebuild Basel into the premier force in Swiss football and has now outstripped his previous success at Grasshoppers.[citation needed]

Under Gross''s guidance, Basel have now won three Swiss championships, two Swiss Cups, and mounted a fairytale run in the UEFA Champions League in 2002, beating eventual finalists Juventus as well as knocking out Celtic and drawing with Liverpool (twice) and Manchester United. Gross''s success in these games against British sides went a long way towards restoring his reputation among the British media and fans

[quote user="Scottlarock"]...only city thing to make me laugh today. Brilliant. How long will it take for someone to ask what Mike Walker is up to?
[/quote]What is Mike Walker up to?

[quote user="Norfolk Dan"]

I think Jewel is the best option. However I will not complain about Gross.

From Wiki...

After being fired from the Tottenham job, Gross returned to his native Switzerland, finding work as the coach of FC Basel. Although the British tabloids retained an image of Gross as a largely incompetent figure, he didn''t care and worked steadily to rebuild Basel into the premier force in Swiss football and has now outstripped his previous success at Grasshoppers.[citation needed]

Under Gross''s guidance, Basel have now won three Swiss championships, two Swiss Cups, and mounted a fairytale run in the UEFA Champions League in 2002, beating eventual finalists Juventus as well as knocking out Celtic and drawing with Liverpool (twice) and Manchester United. Gross''s success in these games against British sides went a long way towards restoring his reputation among the British media and fans

[/quote]I think I read somewhere that Christian Gross has the best win/loss record of any Tottenham manager since the 1980s. I''m not advocating getting him, although it would be quite fun to see him turning up in a taxi, waving his open-ended return ticket from Liverpool Street to Norwich... :)