Sign in to follow this  
Bobert

The Bank!

No one has mentioned the Bank in all this soul searching. The bank, and from memory it is The Royal Bank of Scotland, holds the purse strings at Carrow Road and because of the amount of debt is effectively the biggest shareholder in the Club. They alone can bring the club to it knees at any time they wish should there be a default in the interest payments. It is the Bank that can call in the Receivers and sell the Ground off as a Building Plot. It is the bank who have restriced the Club in the transfer market.

No doubt it was seen as a good ploy to employ Peter Grant as a sop to the Scottish Bankers, to spend a million on the Scottish second choice Goal Keeper, employ Duffy as the Assistant Manager, Gunn as the Club Liason Officer.

I think the Board needs to change the Bankers to someone like Barclays who not only know about football but who were actually founded in Norwich. I think that any of you out there who have a bob or two in the Royal Bank of Scotland should write them and ask what they are doing to support the Club. Try their subsidiaries too of which maybe the Yorkshire Bank is one......the bank who used to have a branch on the Hay Market.

Is this a joke?  What are you banging on about?  You think hard financial decisions are influenced by Norwich having a few Scots around the place?

Yes lets change to Barclays...

"I see Norwich FC have defaulted"

"Oh right - call in the debt then"

"Apparently Barclays was founded in Norwich..."

"Was it?  Who cares - get the money in, theres a sub-prime debt crisis and we need every penny".

[quote user="Bobert"]

No one has mentioned the Bank in all this soul searching. The bank, and from memory it is The Royal Bank of Scotland, holds the purse strings at Carrow Road and because of the amount of debt is effectively the biggest shareholder in the Club. They alone can bring the club to it knees at any time they wish should there be a default in the interest payments. It is the Bank that can call in the Receivers and sell the Ground off as a Building Plot. It is the bank who have restriced the Club in the transfer market.

No doubt it was seen as a good ploy to employ Peter Grant as a sop to the Scottish Bankers, to spend a million on the Scottish second choice Goal Keeper, employ Duffy as the Assistant Manager, Gunn as the Club Liason Officer.

I think the Board needs to change the Bankers to someone like Barclays who not only know about football but who were actually founded in Norwich. I think that any of you out there who have a bob or two in the Royal Bank of Scotland should write them and ask what they are doing to support the Club. Try their subsidiaries too of which maybe the Yorkshire Bank is one......the bank who used to have a branch on the Hay Market.

[/quote]

yeah well i know this guy called NICK LEESON and hes really a nice fellow who works for a bank called BARINGS. anyhow he''ll do us a deal and well make a nice little earner for the club.he says 7 mill is chump change, so we should have a few sovs by the time afternoon tea comes around.cucumber sanwiches anyone

Its bad enough being a City supporter at the moment. Think what it must be like if you happen to be an investor in Northern Rock as well ! Pity anyone who falls into that category and owns livestock as well !!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="savenell"]why not put the money into northen rock? [Y][/quote]

They probably did... and that''s why we have no money. Oddly enough... noises coming out of CR at the moment mirror those noises at the Northern Rock HQ, until today that is when Doomcaster''s statement left me pondering where exactly we go from here. This has been the worst week EVER as a Norwich fan truly, but at least we don''t have to travel to a Premier League team bang in-form who have yet to conceed a goal at home without four key defensive players...     DOH!

rofl @ last post. Imagine if you were a farmer in Norfolk (Norwich fan) using Northern Rock as your financial platform... argh... how much of a bee-with-an-itch would THAT be right now.

its Bank of scotland - not Royal Bank of Scotland that Bank Norwich.  From memory Dresdener Bank provide the long term loan.  So BOS probably make very little out of the club