Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

NCFC board unwilling to bring in a central defender

Well, what other explanation could there be?

Maybe they''re hoping we can limp along until January and only cough up if we''re looking either like Top 6 or Bottom 3.

Anybody have a better idea of what they''re up to?

OTBC

Please don''t doubt ''Ambition'' Mumby and the rest of the board. I predicted that no CB would be brought in if there was any chance that Shacks would be fit for the Palace game. I now see that the Pink is indicating that he may be fit. The fact that we need strengthening in this area which might be obvious to supporters is no reason for our wonderful board to start throwing the money about. There must be people playing at local parks who''d do it for a signed shirt, surely?

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Well, what other explanation could there be?

Maybe they''re hoping we can limp along until January and only cough up if we''re looking either like Top 6 or Bottom 3.

Anybody have a better idea of what they''re up to?

OTBC

[/quote]

My suggestion would be that nobody in our price range fits Grant''s criteria and teams aren''t willing to let loanees out yet.  Look at Davenport, £2/3million bandied about - he''s never worth that!  I''m not quite sure how you''d get from us not buying a player to the board not making funds available - Grant''s already said he''s looking to bring someone in on loan if we couldn''t buy one, so the funds must be available somewhere.

OTBC!

Chunky

The more likely explanation is that there was no available player in our price (and wage) range who could bring an improvement. It seems that we did try - Shawcross as an example. If players and their managements are unwilling to transact, there is no point in buying other peoples'' "cast-offs" just for the sake of adding a name or names to the squad. We did, however, sign Murray. He and Dion are back-ups, and even Otse can play there I think.As I have said before, our CD record against strikers is not bad - Fowler and Hasselbank didn''t get a look in. Our intractable problem  is with picking up other opponent players when they attack - this is the task that a fit Brellier should do better than it was done before. Longer term, if players like Spillane and Halliday do not make the grade, we may have to "dig deep" into our pockets, but for the moment there is more improvement which can be produced from the defence as a whole. In the meantime, I hope that any unspent budget can be carried forward.

Lewis Hamilton didn''t win the Italian Grand Prix at the weekend.

What other explination could their be other than he wants to finish second in the championship.

Not unwilling,just no one out there better than what we have.We have 4 cb''s shacks,doc,dion and murray why would we waste money bringing in  another player of lesser quality who would only play when the afore mentioned are out.If a better cb became avaliable at the right price i am sure we would snap him up

Grant has already attempted four and I''m sure he didn''t do that behind the boards back or without their knowledge, that they''d say "no" if he''d got a bite.

Get a grip people. Honestly.