Sign in to follow this  
bigbear

Otsemobor

I have noticed that everyone on hear has been speaking great things about Otsemobor.  I for 1 am a little concerned about him.  He DOES have great pace and DOES look pretty good going forward but it was the defending which worried me.  Contrary to what others have said about the Arnhem game, most of their chances fell on Otsemobors side.  They ran down Drury''s side, who held them up or they got a cross in.  Or they pulled the ball across to our right side where they always seemed to have a player unmarked to recieve it, with Otsemobors positional awareness lacking.  Or, they would run at him with Otsemobor struggling, he did however put 2 or 3 very good tackles in, but quite often it was left to Russell to have to go over and help him out.

Anyone remember Matthieu Louis-Jean, he used to do that (in the 2 games he did actually play for us).  I believe Otsemobor is better than him however, and with good coaching on his defensive side, he could do very well for us.

He has a chance of being a very good player for us, I just hope that the main job he is there to do, which is defend doesn''t become the main talking point in weeks to come. 

His positioning is mostly a case of him going forward and having to get back in time. He can put in a good challenge and not many can out-pace him, so in that theory he''s good. But yes, he does need to improve in parts, but there is certainly time for it

I''ve been impressed with him so far. However, coments from Crewe fans have been that he is excellent going forward but his tackling & positioning can be questionable sometimes.

i saw him defending very well, he has a good slide tackle and i think he is quite like ashley cole imo, good attacking, and still a brill defender

I think you are right about his positional play. He does get caught out occasionally. However, he is still pretty young. More importantly, he has added a dynamism and burst of energy to the team down the right flank that has been missing for a very long time. He is always looking to get forward and he has that priceless gift of pace which may get him out of trouble sometimes. I think he is an excellent purchase. With decent coaching he will prove a really good player as his decision-making and judgement improves.

For a freebie, this looks like one quality signing in the games I have seen him play in. He is still young so has a long time to improve and is already the best right back we have seen at the club since Edworthy in my opinion.

[quote user="bigbear"]

I have noticed that everyone on hear has been speaking great things about Otsemobor.  I for 1 am a little concerned about him.  He DOES have great pace and DOES look pretty good going forward but it was the defending which worried me.  Contrary to what others have said about the Arnhem game, most of their chances fell on Otsemobors side.  They ran down Drury''s side, who held them up or they got a cross in.  Or they pulled the ball across to our right side where they always seemed to have a player unmarked to recieve it, with Otsemobors positional awareness lacking.  Or, they would run at him with Otsemobor struggling, he did however put 2 or 3 very good tackles in, but quite often it was left to Russell to have to go over and help him out.

Anyone remember Matthieu Louis-Jean, he used to do that (in the 2 games he did actually play for us).  I believe Otsemobor is better than him however, and with good coaching on his defensive side, he could do very well for us.

He has a chance of being a very good player for us, I just hope that the main job he is there to do, which is defend doesn''t become the main talking point in weeks to come. 

[/quote]

my dad noticed the same thing from the disabled stand vs Vitesse.. the number 68 was skinning Semmy at every opportunity.

jas :)