Sign in to follow this  
H4H

Question: Who is the most hated ex Norwich Player.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="UEA Graduate Canary"][quote user="Cluck "]

Nope...don''t do hate myself. Hate only shows that what someone has done (or are doing) is a problem and I won''t give anybody that satisfaction.  It''s only football after all....and it is just a business like any other whatever the emotions are surrounding it. Thirty years ago it was different...but everyone has got their snout in the trough these days with the prime motive being money.

Don''t waste your angst..........

[/quote]

You don''t do hate.....................HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Thats a good one, since you''ve been on this board you''ve done nothing but show hate towards other posters who don''t agree with you

[/quote]

Surely he was being ironic.... surely?

[/quote]

Possibly, these days you can''t whether Cluck is serious or not, so I take all his posts as utter jokes.

Foxile, the reason we hate / dislike Walsh and Cottee, is you had them when they could play.  Both came to us, well passed it, and with no interest in the game left, other than a desire to pick up a huge fat pay check, neither seemed interested, or was any good.  But that should also apply to Peter Thorne!

[quote user="Cluck "][quote user="UEA Graduate Canary"][quote user="Cluck "]

Nope...don''t do hate myself. Hate only shows that what someone has done (or are doing) is a problem and I won''t give anybody that satisfaction.  It''s only football after all....and it is just a business like any other whatever the emotions are surrounding it. Thirty years ago it was different...but everyone has got their snout in the trough these days with the prime motive being money.

[/quote]

Thats a good one, since you''ve been on this board you''ve done nothing but show hate towards other posters who don''t agree with you

[/quote]

What a silly boy you are......

One day you may just learn the difference between "hate" and "indifference". As I''ve clearly stated...I don''t "hate" anyone.... but I''m "indifferent" to many. You''ll find you grow out of such emotions with the onset of maturity.

[/quote]Mature? Is that why you use childish taunts at other posters when they disagree with you....

Okay then, cheers. I''m not surprised about Walsh, even though he played fourteen years for us and gave 110% in everygame, he was always a likely one to piss around and go out drinking regularly. It always seemed if he was to go to another club his heart wouldn''t be in it, you seemed to have been the unfortunate ones.

The fact Cottee didn''t put in full effort surprises me, but i suppose if they were on big money it would make them appear worse than they actually were.

Always the problem when signing some senior players. We''ve had our fair share, Keown and Howey come to mind.

David Nielsen. He was alowed to leave Norwich besause he and his wife wanted to go back to Denmark. He sad that he onely wanted to play in Danmark his home contry.  Wel 1 year later he come to Norway. So in other words he was laing to go frome Norwich for free.

[quote user="Cluck "][quote user="UEA Graduate Canary"][quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

One day you may just learn the difference between "hate" and "indifference". As I''ve clearly stated...I don''t "hate" anyone.... but I''m "indifferent" to many. You''ll find you grow out of such emotions with the onset of maturity.

[/quote]

I''ve got to agree with Cluck here.

When I was in my late teens/early twenties my ex used to really wind me up by telling me that "it''s only a game" whenever Norwich lost. I''d always go ito a rant about how it was so much more than just a game and how I hated this player and that, and obviously Ipswich.

Looking back it seems quite ridiculous. It is "just a game" and there are a lot more imporatant things out there than football. Hate is a terrible and wicked emotion and certainly not one that any reasonable person should feel following the outcome of twenty two men kicking a ball about.

In answer to the original question, I''m ''indifferent'' towards Andy Marshall and Steve Bruce mostly.

I hate all my breakfast up......and the missus said that if I hate all my dinner up, I''d get a nice pudding.

Hate is horrid........dislike with a vengeance, or have no time for.........that''s berrer.

[quote user="Olano"]

David Nielsen. He was alowed to leave Norwich besause he and his wife wanted to go back to Denmark. He sad that he onely wanted to play in Danmark his home contry.  Wel 1 year later he come to Norway. So in other words he was laing to go frome Norwich for free.

[/quote]He had reasons to leave. About £100,000 of them allegedly. The wife thing was a public statement, the real reason was well publicised at the time.The guy had problems

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="Cluck "][quote user="UEA Graduate Canary"][quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''ve got to agree with Cluck here.

When I was in my late teens/early twenties my ex used to really wind me up by telling me that "it''s only a game" whenever Norwich lost. I''d always go ito a rant about how it was so much more than just a game and how I hated this player and that, and obviously Ipswich.

Looking back it seems quite ridiculous. It is "just a game" and there are a lot more imporatant things out there than football. Hate is a terrible and wicked emotion and certainly not one that any reasonable person should feel following the outcome of twenty two men kicking a ball about.

In answer to the original question, I''m ''indifferent'' towards Andy Marshall and Steve Bruce mostly.

[/quote]

Grateful thanks for this Shack....and far from being a "downer" on younger people for their lack of "maturity" it is simply what happens with age as you say. The young however have their "youth" which I will never experience again.....and to be honest they are in a far more secure place than me at 50+.....although I''m happy with the years I''ve lived through. The Beatles...Beachboys...flower power..."proper" cars...steam engines...family togetherness...simple holidays...freedom to wander...innocence...etc etc.

Swings and roundabouts I think they call it.............

[quote user="T07"][quote user="Olano"]

[/quote]He had reasons to leave. About £100,000 of them allegedly. The wife thing was a public statement, the real reason was well publicised at the time.The guy had problems[/quote]

I''ve heard he was a bit of a gambler and got himself into serious trouble. Our new keeper [at Leicester, Jimmy Nielson] also had problems, reported to have debts of around £1,000,000 and his buddy was David Nielsen, the club they both played for had to bail them out.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="kirku"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Andy Townsend, Keith O''neill and everynes "friend" Andy Marshall

im tempted to add Mercenary Earnshaw and Mercenary Etuhu to the list too.. just to rub up those who slag off Ashton and Francis with their blinkers firmly on.

jas :)

[/quote]while i agree with your list, i wanted to know why the animosity towards townsend? as i have only been around for 22 years i was obviously too young to understand the situation, could you please enlighten me? i always thought of townsend who, like bellamy, has gone on to do great things at other clubs and nations.....[/quote]

Andy Towsnend came back with various other clubs (chelski, villa etc) and made W***er signs at the barclay amongst other things....

jas :)

[/quote]i see, that explains it then! much more reasonable than him neglecting to mention us once in a while!