Sign in to follow this  
Norwich  R  Us

Etuhu rejects new contract offer before leaving

I wonder why he didn''t want to stay at a club where he was booed for the best part of 2 seasons?

I take it everyones happy that this ''awful'' player is being sold then?

No.......? 

People are just tailoring events to suit their s****y attitudes. 

Good work guys, it''s really doing NCFC a lot of favours.

have been a Dickson fan from day 1 and have defended him on these boards aswell as at FCR. I''m gutted that we have lost a player who has the ability to go to the very top. I have no other agenda other than wanting the best for the club, i am not pro the board or anti the board i just want what is best, and what is best is getting the product on the pitch that can get us back in the Premiership. I will continue to keep the faith but my patience like many others is starting to wear thin.

yes im please he is gone,... good bloody riddance!

Im not pleased that we seem intent on putting selling clauses in contracts, if a player doesnt want to come with out one then dont sign him. im sick of the boards naivity.

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Im not pleased that we seem intent on putting selling clauses in contracts, if a player doesnt want to come with out one then dont sign him. im sick of the boards naivity.

[/quote]Surely though jas £1.5 million is good money for someone you clearly don''t rate.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

I''m gutted he''s gone to be honest Jas but fair play to you for sticking by what you have always said.

I would be interested to know if we put release clauses in the contracts of players we signed this summer. It could be that we are being bitten now by something we did wrong in previous transfer windows. It''s interesting to read what Sam Allardyce had to say about these clauses a couple of weeks ago:-

In Owen, Martins, Mark Viduka and Shola Ameobi, Allardyce has “the strikers I want here”, but he cannot guarantee that a “very potent and terrific” quartet will remain intact. “We have moved quickly and exceptionally well in the transfer market and the quicker you move, the cheaper it is,” Allardyce said. “As time goes by, the more expensive it gets. Then you’re left with a flawed system, where the panic sets in and you start the season, realise you haven’t got what you thought, or someone gets injured, and you panic buy. That’s the worst type of business any club can do. “You end up with negotiations that leave you with clauses in contracts like we have [with Owen and Martins]. If those clauses are invoked, there’s nothing we can do.”

Both Etuhu and Earnshaw look to me to be prime examples of players being signed in these panic situations. At least Etuhu has left early enough for us to not find ourselves in the same position when signing his replacement.