Sign in to follow this  
SvenDale

Worthington's Legacy

Many of us believed that Worthington''s overlong tenure at the helm of the Club was producing untold damage. Little could we know that his affect would still be felt to this day.

Not only did the standard of football drop to hitherto unknown depths, but it would appear that, far from selling the club and its ambition to a number of his signings, he (along with the board) sold its soul.

Norwich (and Worthington) were desperate to bring players to the club who were clearly set on using the club as a shop window. Nothing more , nothing less. Ashton, Earnshaw and Etuhu have turned out to be nothing other than short term fixes to try and save Worthington''s a**e, and to justify the board''s prolonged loyalty to maintaining their allegiance to him.

The fact that these players have had escape clauses ''triggered'', that agents have clearly been working at these players'' behest to find alternative employment, that no ''bidding wars'' have ensued to extract the maximum value from these players, that Norwich City Football Club is not a club where these players want to play their football, quite frankly stinks.

Irrespective of what any Norwich City Supporter thinks of the pros and cons of selling Earnshaw and Etuhu, (and maybe even Safri), it is quite clear from Huckerby''s outburst, that it does not sit well with some of the players (I doubt very much that Huckerby stands alone with his statements).

Grant is still having to deal with the repercussions of Worthington''s reign. The result and performance at Exeter suggests he still has a long way to go.

You can''t just blame Worthy.  The blame, or should I say the majority of the blame should lie with Doncaster.  He is leading the rest of the board and club down a slippery slope.

I don''t trust him and believe he is way out of his depth.  I love this club and just hope that somebody else that does, who has the power to oust Doncaster, shares the same sentiments.

Doncaster out I say, then see where we stand after the dust settles.

OTBC

at least worthy signed quality proven players. occasionaly!!!!! i dont see players like huckerby, crouch, ashton, earnie signing for us now,

"i dont see players like huckerby, crouch, ashton, earnie signing for us now,"

Hucks was a loan to start off with. Granted he did eventually sign for us permenantly.

Crouch was only with us for about a month or two i think, and this was at a time when he was relatively unknown. He too was also a loan signing.

We obtained Ashton with premiership club status. When we eventually reach the promised land again players like him will want to play for us. Otherwise they choose top flight teams over us everytime.

And Earnie was excellent at scoring but not very hot in any other areas of a strikers game IMO. Still a decent player I grant you.

[quote user="SvenDale"]

Not only did the standard of football drop to hitherto unknown depths, but it would appear that, far from selling the club and its ambition to a number of his signings, he (along with the board) sold its soul.

[/quote]

Yeah right.  Playoff final, promotion and a season in the Prem.  You''re crackers.

[quote user="mystic megson"][quote user="SvenDale"]

[/quote]

Yeah right.  Playoff final, promotion and a season in the Prem.  You''re crackers.

[/quote]

Mystic you are lovely sweet thing , i bet as sweet as a nut , can you tell me why he aint  still manager than ?[;)] arrdee.

[quote user="C.T"]ffs sdldjl GIVE THE NEW BOYS A CHANCE! Nobody thought hucks would turn out like he did![/quote]

oh so we all thought that Hucks was rubbish when we signed him did we???

My, my, my now I have heard everything...  When Hucks, Crouch and Harper were brought in on loan it was the kick up the proverbials that this club needed after 6 or 7 years of dire under-achievement and the momentum that was gained by Worthy and his boys reaching the play-off final slowly draining away.

Now City need another kick where it hurts by Hucks being so frustrated that he walks out on us.

When a drastic event like that occurs and only then will City be able to move onwards and upwards again... coz for the past 3 years the club has been dying on it''s ass!!!