Sign in to follow this  
The Huckerby Delusion

Am I naive?

Gazz, I understand that you have nothing against Smudger and Cluck personally, but for me the problem with them is that they make every post or reply personal, either sycophantically supporting their subscribers or personally attacking their doubters. This does not allow debate, merely escalating name calling which could be a good laugh if their sense of humour had room for acknowledging that both sides can be amusing. Unfortunately they imediately resort to their positions of everybody else are ovine, bovine or stupid, Smudge does his I am extremely intelligent and witty and I cannot be disagreed with and Cluck reverts to his git orf my land xenophobia.

They should be huge figures of ridicule, small fish in small ponds with their grandiose schemes of insurrection and protest through non-attendance, but their bullying approach seems to intmidate and unduly influence the board. Perhaps ignoring them may be the answer?       

[quote user="Cluck "]Smudger...the sad thing is that others cannot perceive your passion because they don''t have any themselves. They may have their dreams and they may have their fantasies...but bottle they do not.[/quote]

No, we just don''t share abstract and obscene opinions. Don''t get being

level headed and having no passion confused now dear boy. As for bottle

whats your point? Because we won''t join you in you opinions and

protests that makes us gutless? Don''t spit your dummy out. You''re in a

minority and your backed in a corner. Putting people into false

categories won''t sway people in your direction it will just alienate

people further form your sick sick plot to over turn the board. What

rights you think you have concerning the running of this football club

I don''t know. Demending change from the other end of a PC or a 3 man

picket outside the ground will make you a laughing stock not a

revolutionary.Jog on!

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]

Hi Jas

Yes, will no doubt see you there v W Ham, am going to get my tickets later today.....maybe we could all sing Happy Birthday to you.

I have nothing personal against Smudger or Cluck, I disagree with them over many things, while other things they say do have relevance.  The club''s not perfect, never has been while I have supported them, probably never will be.  That''s half the fun surely, not knowing what''s going to happen.  But I can''t in all honesty go and protest at the moment.  If Peter Grant fails us dismally over this season and the next, yes, it will be a time to rethink, but not before a ball has been kicked.

So I shall indeed look forward to yet another year in the Barclay! 

[/quote]

As this is the most reasonable post to date I shall reply to the charges made by the "pack" here......

I think you will find that I have not at any time said I will protest....yet.  It will come next season I''m sure when the bulk of the paying crowd become even more disillusioned than they are now only to be met by more club spin. Personally I have many things more pressing in the months ahead than worrying about what is basically little more than a catering business in 2007....so while the interest is there....the anger isn''t. I really don''t give a toss.

I left this  forum with the bulk of people accepting the other''s viewpoint with a degree of humour....but looked in to read that anybody who had the audacity to complain about Grant...signings...the board et al was getting slaughtered by the usual "gang of suspects"....so I decided to dish some out in return.  Simple as that.

The cowards who trawl this forum are treating it like the local youth club...picking on anyone who won''t agree with the party line....so all you''re getting is some of your own petty medicine back.  Not very nice is it? I can assure you that I deal with anything thrown at me with consummate ease...so don''t stop on my account.

So....basically I don''t give a toss about the CR set-up as it is today and will withdraw my support until Smith has gone and a grass roots honest club returns.  Maybe it will take a year...maybe it will never happen...but so what...life goes on. To be so totally obsessed about being right and having the final word on all things simply provides sport for me...and it is embarrassing to see so many takers there are. I live in the real world...and believe me the mainstream on here are far wide of the mark of the bulk of supporters who live outside this cosy internet bubble.

Sheep...turnips...etc etc. If the cap fits wear it... Until some of the "keyboard hardcases" grow up and accept that mob rule won''t win...I''ll keep throwing it back at you.  Simple as that....you don''t worry me one bit.

Cluck

Why you have picked this particular post I don''t know, it wasn''t particuarly aruging anything, just replying to Jas.

I have no particular bone to pick with yourself or Smudger on the personal level, though you have given it out on more than one occasion (I haven''t been on the forum daily since your arrival on here so don''t know what went on before you "left" the first time).

The thing that bugs me about you is not answering points made (a few threads recently) asking who you would replace Delia with,  , what your remit would be, money, players etc.  That would then make it more interesting a debate as to which points to counter with you, or agree with. 

You have called me a sheep before now, I don''t count that as a personal attack so much as just blindly putting me in the same pigeonhole as others.  I think someone said on here recently not one of us will have exactly the same views on NCFC as anyone else!  (sorry, I can''t remember who it was).  Amongst my family and friends there''s not one of us who would pick the same team or the same tactics, think the same about the manager or board at any one moment.  There are indeed many variable shades of grey!

I am sure the magic word in the post of mine you have highlighted was "protest".  I will indeed resort to this if I feel it''s the right thing to do at the time, as I did at some of the Worthington Out protests last year.  I was reluctant to do that though for the impact on the players, but felt the manager was fatally wounded by then and the club itself was getting further and further into the mire.  I also had discussions with N Doncaster (at length) over the issue, as did several others (including posters on this site).

At the moment I don''t think it is time to protest, we have a new manager who is getting some new players in (time will tell as to their pedigree and quality).  He tried his best last season with what he had to work with and seems a passionate man who wants our club to progress.  Added to that is the not insubstantial money from the Turners, and the obvious chance for them to take over the reins from Delia and Michael.  I am surprised you are not welcoming their inclusion onto the board.

So for me things look quite positive at the moment.  There is a lot of work to do, granted.  But for now I am 100% behind everyone at the club in an effort to make some progress this season.

OTBC

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]

Cluck

Why you have picked this particular post I don''t know, it wasn''t particuarly aruging anything, just replying to Jas.

I have no particular bone to pick with yourself or Smudger on the personal level, though you have given it out on more than one occasion (I haven''t been on the forum daily since your arrival on here so don''t know what went on before you "left" the first time).

The thing that bugs me about you is not answering points made (a few threads recently) asking who you would replace Delia with,  , what your remit would be, money, players etc.  That would then make it more interesting a debate as to which points to counter with you, or agree with. 

You have called me a sheep before now, I don''t count that as a personal attack so much as just blindly putting me in the same pigeonhole as others.  I think someone said on here recently not one of us will have exactly the same views on NCFC as anyone else!  (sorry, I can''t remember who it was).  Amongst my family and friends there''s not one of us who would pick the same team or the same tactics, think the same about the manager or board at any one moment.  There are indeed many variable shades of grey!

I am sure the magic word in the post of mine you have highlighted was "protest".  I will indeed resort to this if I feel it''s the right thing to do at the time, as I did at some of the Worthington Out protests last year.  I was reluctant to do that though for the impact on the players, but felt the manager was fatally wounded by then and the club itself was getting further and further into the mire.  I also had discussions with N Doncaster (at length) over the issue, as did several others (including posters on this site).

At the moment I don''t think it is time to protest, we have a new manager who is getting some new players in (time will tell as to their pedigree and quality).  He tried his best last season with what he had to work with and seems a passionate man who wants our club to progress.  Added to that is the not insubstantial money from the Turners, and the obvious chance for them to take over the reins from Delia and Michael.  I am surprised you are not welcoming their inclusion onto the board.

So for me things look quite positive at the moment.  There is a lot of work to do, granted.  But for now I am 100% behind everyone at the club in an effort to make some progress this season.

OTBC

[/quote]

Again trawl the archives Gazza... plenty of info there on suggetsions that have been made... all been laughed at and swept under the carpet of course... but then again hey ho who cares if you are happy to keep paying through the nose to watch awful football at a club ran by a board that has no interests in providing a team for it''s fans to be proud of then why should we care?

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="gazzathegreat"]

Cluck

OTBC

[/quote]

Again trawl the archives Gazza... plenty of info there on suggetsions that have been made... all been laughed at and swept under the carpet of course... but then again hey ho who cares if you are happy to keep paying through the nose to watch awful football at a club ran by a board that has no interests in providing a team for it''s fans to be proud of then why should we care?

[/quote]

Can I ask politely Smudger why you reply to posts specifically addressed to Cluck, noticed he also replies to posts addressed to you?

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="gazzathegreat"]

Cluck

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

Can I ask politely Smudger why you reply to posts specifically addressed to Cluck, noticed he also replies to posts addressed to you?

[/quote]

What could you possibly be suggesting Angel? 

[quote user="Dicky"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="gazzathegreat"]

Cluck

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What could you possibly be suggesting Angel? 

[/quote]

Tiny things, please tiny minds!!!