Sign in to follow this  
andy laz

cureton hands in transfer requeast

Just read on bbc sport website  that he has handed in a transfer request siting colchester,s  ambitions dont match his own , i would love to see him in a city shirt again .I saw him play three times last season and he was outstanding every time plus he was leading scorer in the championship with 24 goals and he is only 31 years young .OTBC

I think he would have been great on a free, but having to pay cash for him for a 31 yr old ... mmmm. Had a great season last time round, but was it a one off?? As much as I would love to see the green hair again, I dont think its in the best interests of the club long term.

Worth a shout as a squad player, but can''t see him getting a regular start if we signedftolike sharp. Although (if earny leaves), Cureton could come in and we instead of signing sharp could spend the cash on a bigger fellow to go with him up front, to try and get a similar pairing as he had with iwelumo.

Sign him up! He''d love to play for us again... Sign him up & ask him to dye his hair green aginst the filth again next season... Legend!

Depends on our other "in''s and out''s". If Earnie stays then he is only likely to be a squad player here and if we sell Earnie for £4/5 million then I am not sure that a 31 year old as a replacement is the way forward. Possibly the same will be true if by some miracle we get Sharp.

All the old romantics will want him and he does have a real affection for this club. However, I don''t think he will join to merely be a squad player. He would be a great squad player though!