Sign in to follow this  
arrdee

Free bet next season

Yep o k fans i have secured a free bet each week to the value of £10  with Dixmar Racing , alternating between 5 and 6 results starting with 5 results on the first day of the season , this is what one of pickers asked for , forgive me i can''t remember who it was , it could have been 7rew or mbncfc, or perhaps evil , i am so excited , i have so much more to tell you but i want to get this on the board as quick as i can i will be back later , R.D.[:D]

Yep i went and found Dixmar Racing , A small bookmaker on Reepham Rd , i went in and asked "is Billy Dixon here " a young man jumped up and said " Ray welcome "with a big handshake , it was nice to put a face to a voice , he said "we had some great fun the last 2 months of the season" i asked if we could do it again next season , he said "yes Ray i will give you  next season same as last season £10 per week " at which point i said "could we not alternate between 5 and 6 results each week " he said "Ray whatever you want its yours " he then added "Ray make sure you win next season "the guy is aGem , well i was thinking there will be lots of wins next season ,the returns will be smaller i know with some weeks only 5 results , i was thinking that every time we won a presentation could be made on the field at  the next home match before the match or at half time , so we need for some one to be a go between us pickers and the club , i was thinking of asking Nutty Nigel to organize this but i am not  sure he want''s to do it , the presentation would involve Dixmar Racing of course with perhaps a member of the clubs board to receive the money for the Academy, what would be extra nice would be for some of you pickers to be there also to make a bow in front of the crowd , Jas , Angel ,7rew ,G Jim, Jersey , Mac P mbncfc Nutty , or the talented one as i like to call him , you all know who you are , take a bow ,  indeed exciting season soon ,watch this space .R.D.[:D]

Sorry Ray, I only just found this post as I was not around yesterday due to grandad duties (the 4th little lamb was born[;)] )

You did well with Billy Dixon and it''s great that the free bet is going to continue next season. I hope we get a few winning weeks for the academy.

I don''t know if it would be possible to organise a presentation on the pitch at a home match as I really couldn''t imagine the club agreeing to it.

What we really need is some publicity for Dixmaar racing. This messageboard belongs to Archant who publish the local newspapers so surely it should be possible for a little publicity for the fact that they are sponsoring the messageboards tipping competition. Did you get a reply to your email about this? A presentation at his shop with press coverage could be a way forward.

I did think last season that we were trying to predict too many results. With everybody predicting 6 each the guy with the final selection had a lot to do. I was wondering if you thought it would be a good idea if we posted two each, like a nap and a next best.

Great news Ray, and well done for setting this up as it''s provided some of the more fun elements of this board a virtual place to hang out! [:D]Like the 5 picks thing, and I agree with Nutty that maybe our enthusiasm got the better of us with some of our picks last season, hehe! i.e, I''ll stop going on about York every week... [:)]

Yep spot on Nutty , this is what i asked for,  one nap and if you are sure a next best , i always highlighted my Nap , the result i had put all my effort into was the one i was always relying on , now you Pink u Pickers have you been watching the play offs? i hope you have , have you been making notes ? how many matches will Derby lose in the Prem ? 20-25 or more? we need them pickers , how many will West Brom win 20 + ? we need them Pickers , or Chalton , will they prove the best in the league ? are Bristol Rov out of their league ? Wolves have lots of money to spend in fact £28 mil , but in my view that manager needs £280 mil , but of course i could be wrong , will Notts For sweep all before them ? shall we blow it all on N Ireland to win the World cup in the next competition as they have now  a wonder manager ?  and don''t forget the Internationals,[:)] when we have blank league matches i want you to come up with some nailed on results , good luck R.D.[:)][

Great to hear that my friday waste of time is back.  I''ve missed it!

My mission to be come an expert on the lower scottish leagues is back on!

I''ll try and cut out the large number of euro league games though.

How about three picks each: Nap, Reserve, &  Long Shot.

Long shot would be a long odds bet that the poster feels is value for money if less likely to happen.

btw I reckon derby will lose 38 premiership matches.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Sorry Ray, I only just found this post as I was not around yesterday due to grandad duties (the 4th little lamb was born[;)] )

You did well with Billy Dixon and it''s great that the free bet is going to continue next season. I hope we get a few winning weeks for the academy.

I don''t know if it would be possible to organise a presentation on the pitch at a home match as I really couldn''t imagine the club agreeing to it.

What we really need is some publicity for Dixmaar racing. This messageboard belongs to Archant who publish the local newspapers so surely it should be possible for a little publicity for the fact that they are sponsoring the messageboards tipping competition. Did you get a reply to your email about this? A presentation at his shop with press coverage could be a way forward.

I did think last season that we were trying to predict too many results. With everybody predicting 6 each the guy with the final selection had a lot to do. I was wondering if you thought it would be a good idea if we posted two each, like a nap and a next best.

[/quote]Yep i have taken it all on board Nutty,as  always you are right , "the question you asked ,the answer  is  No  nothing , have a go Nutty you may have more luck than me, Congrat''s Nutty on your 4th grandchild , one more than me , you lucky old boy . 

Excellent news everyone! I miss the Friday picks too.

Two each seems reasonable. I can imaging the first week of the season being pretty unpredictable, but if we keep it up I''m sure we can rack up some punts.

Roll on summer. Roll on...