Sign in to follow this  
Gentleman Jim

"The Canaries" song to to celebrate 1972 promotion

[quote user="Gorleston Jim"]Just heard it on Radio Norfolk, I think it would stand up well today. Anyone agree ?[/quote]

Wow! I didn''t know we''d ever done something like this! I''d love to hear it - anyone got a copy to share? I''ll host it if needs be!

strangely enough me and my dad years ago used to collect football records ! i''m sure in his loft we have this song on 7 inch vinal, also a few other ncfc records which include the classic, who''d have thought those country boys would ever have something to shout about. the 1981 promotion song.

allthough i wouldn''t know how to convert vinal to disc, then rip it onto my pc, i have previously used limewire to download other ncfc music tracks, including the 1950''s version of on the ball city as featured on the ncfc myspace website

[quote user="Gorleston Jim"]Just heard it on Radio Norfolk, I think it would stand up well today. Anyone agree ?[/quote]

You think that''s good ?

Then best get your lugs round the '' B '' side, the excruciating '' Norwich City Calypso ''........play that a few times and you''ll extract a swift confession from even the most hardened criminal.......

[quote user="FUEL ROX"]

strangely enough me and my dad years ago used to collect football records ! i''m sure in his loft we have this song on 7 inch vinal, also a few other ncfc records which include the classic, who''d have thought those country boys would ever have something to shout about. the 1981 promotion song.

allthough i wouldn''t know how to convert vinal to disc, then rip it onto my pc, i have previously used limewire to download other ncfc music tracks, including the 1950''s version of on the ball city as featured on the ncfc myspace website

[/quote]

Hi

I am not technically minded, but there is a gadget to convert vinyl onto your computer, it''s usually advertised in those sunday supplements and various magazines...it''s about £100 I think....I am sure you can find it somewhere on the net or on ebay.

£100!!!!    If your vinyl player is attached to an amp (which it would have to be in order for sound to come out of your speakers), you can buy a lead which attaches the amp/back of your hi-fi to the headphone socket on your pc/laptop.  You will need software to record the sound onto your pc (search for  ''Audacity'' which is free to download and more than sufficient)... you can then save the sound as an mp3 file.

This lead would cost you about £5 on ebay or £9.99 in dixons or currys. If anybody decides that they want to get one of these leads and convert their vinyls to mp3 to put onto cd then  i would be more than happy to give them step by step assistance over email, msn or over the phone (on your bill though!), I am into music production and it really is very very easy once you have done it once or twice.

ryan85k@aol.com

many thanks, i might give it a go, i suppose its a similar process to convert vhs tapes to dvd is it ? i have a few ncfc video''s from the early 90''s and wouldn''t mind posting a few highlights on youtube