Sign in to follow this  
MPR

All credit to Hessenthaler

Finished watching the highlights of Tuesday''s Jekyll & Hyde performance. I''ve always though that Hessenthaler was, in the words of Jaap Stam "a busy little......" but I''ve revised that. He agreed their centre half should have walked, the centre half didn''t throw a Neville-esque toy/pram scenario, accepted it and walked and Hess has also said that we''re "the best side in the division, I hope they get promoted." Nice to have someone who has seen the incident, not tried to cover for it and not blamed the ref.

Yep I totally agree, all credit to Hessenthaler for his after match comments, He didn''t once blame anyone for the end result or the sending off. Maybe Colin W****r should take a leaf from his book.
Just another note I thought that Malky and Fleming looked a bit nervy when Agyemang ran at them.

Shaun.

these sort of managers are few and far between these days,i''m glad we have one in worthy

In addition to all you said i posted amessage on here saying they would go 4-5-1,they didnt.
Even when they went down to 10 they kept the two up front all credit to them.Also am i alone in thinking the ref was one of the best we''ve had at carrow rd for sometime tried to play the advantage,got most decisions correct and no silly blowing up for no reason.

No aggro, good attitude, gracious in defeat, fully committed and gave us a good run for our money. Matches like that its nice to win but I came away with a positive view of Gillingham, their team and the manager.

I wouldn''t mind having Agyemang on our side though. Malky only just coped with him.

The Gills certainly had some quality in their side and plenty of determination, more than can be said for some visitors to FCR this season. For those reasons I hope they stay up, and, in doing so, manage to do us some favours when they play any of the top 12!

yes, refreshing to hear someone gracious in defeat, i was quite suprised as he played in the match at their place and was taking everyone out, must have been his boyish enthusiasm that night

but i still think managers have far too much to say at times, i saw old bfj on sky during the week going on about promotion prospects in division one, he grudingly had to admit that us and WBA would be difficult to stop - then of course followed about ten minutes of ipswich footage and his reasons (excuses) as to why ipswich were not top by at least 30 points lol

when will the media get to grips with the team who are top of the league, and we have been there since

when was it?

oh yeah, portman road

over to you bfj !!