Sign in to follow this  
XXL16

Can anyone explain why Andy Hughes start at right-back despite we have three right-back in the squad?

Full credit to Peter Grant to give the kids the chance to play yesterday, also after the game he give great encouragement to them, not moaning about losing the game, but of course the kids really impress and Grant just said what he see.

I had to repeat again I only rely to know about the game by listen the LIVE commentary from the Canaries World, also watch the highlights after the game, but honestly I just become more frustrated and frustrated to know why Andy Hughes get start on right-back game after game after game after game? I have nothing against Andy as a player I have to say first, also he is the captain material I would say.

Grant said he did not like to play player out of their position, and did he know we sign Andy Hughes for a replacement of Gary Holt -- the best defensive midfielder we had in last few seasons? In last 5 or 6 games, Andy Hughes final ball was awful, no matter taken a free kick or made a cross from the byline. Did PG know we have three right-backs in the squad, included two of them from overseas also promising Scottish (I had to mention this!) under-19 international Andrew Cave-Brown? They are out and out right-back and I am sure their natural defending and especially overlapping would be better than Andy.

If you recall we get Gary Holt played on right-back before, and what''s the final outcome? Not very good but just for emergency! Hay we have three choices to choose and I really do not believe Andy would be the best choice out of those three.

PG play the kids in other position, but why not right-back? We should give Andrew Cave-Brown on right-back against Ipswich Town on Sunday.

[quote user="sonnycityfan aka Ginger Pele"]probley because he puts so much effort in and seems to play better at right-back than anywhere else
[/quote]

Not really agree and I would prefer to see Cave-Brown a player who can overlap and have more pace to play at right-back, hopefully the manager will see it...

Again, if you don''t play him, you''ll never know how good or how bad they are  

theres only one person who can really answer your question buddy and thst Peter Grant, i''m hoping we''ll see some of the younger guys get a chance on sunday though, give them a chance to make a real impact rather than trying to give them a game in the league cup which nobody really follows

im not saying he is good but he preforms best at right-back rather than midfield, and grant prob wants him as a role model for all the effort he puts in and sometimes he defends ..... sometimes

[quote user="Lambo"]theres only one person who can really answer your question buddy and thst Peter Grant, i''m hoping we''ll see some of the younger guys get a chance on sunday though, give them a chance to make a real impact rather than trying to give them a game in the league cup which nobody really follows[/quote]

and get another spanking most likely, after all is said and done Burnley give us a going over, with players who have not scored for weeks getting on the scoresheet, yes its nice for kids to get a game, but we wont get promotion with them.

[quote user="Lambo"]theres only one person who can really answer your question buddy and thst Peter Grant, i''m hoping we''ll see some of the younger guys get a chance on sunday though, give them a chance to make a real impact rather than trying to give them a game in the league cup which nobody really follows[/quote]

Yes hopefully he will read your comment and make a correct decision, at least to play a player in the right position, hopefully is Anderw Cave-Brown for his home debut!!!

Coz Hughes gave Granty some happy clappy lessons while Granty returned the compliment by showing Hughes how to point...

They then devloped a mutual, close, bonding friendship...  and now Hughes is expecting to have Granty''s love child in November...

Therefore Granty has to keep this excuse for a footballer happy and content until another couple of Shrek''s are born later this year.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

Its good to see some kids get a game, but not when they are making up half of the starting XI....  As ever a few injuries and we are in trouble due to our tiny squad size....  Who''s fault is that??

[/quote]

but if Croft, Huck and Dion doubtful on this weekend, it maybe the case we need to play half of the young players sadly

[quote user="Smudger"]

Coz Hughes gave Granty some happy clappy lessons while Granty returned the compliment by showing Hughes how to point...

They then devloped a mutual, close, bonding friendship...  and now Hughes is expecting to have Granty''s love child in November...

Therefore Granty has to keep this excuse for a footballer happy and content until another couple of Shrek''s are born later this year.

[/quote]

It''s a good guess because Hughes was Scottish! Who knows? ;-)