Sign in to follow this  
Chunky Norwich

Phil Mulryne

Whilst glancing at Leyton Orient''s game from Saturday to see if Ryan Jarvis had scored any more, I noticed a certain Mr Mulryne as an unused sub in a League One match. I remember when we first signed him from ManYoo and he looked brilliant and certainly one of the best playmakers outside of the Premiership. Remarkable to see how much his stock has gone down. Wonder if it''s due to laziness, injuries or Guinness?

Forbes17... excuse my confusion, but you start a thread asking for opinions on Phil Mulryne, then ''agree'' with someone else who responded to dismiss your thread by saying "who cares".

but to give my opinion, some players earn/deserve all that they work for. and PM''s career reflects this. Still, when he retires he can proudly reflect on his career and achievements. 

My reply was a brief and sarcastic one because that''s all I thought Percy Varco''s response deserved. I often kid myself at times that this is a discussion board and often forget that it''s actually a school playground.

What a waste of talent, he had so much going for him. A few of the current squad should take note, enjoy your days at Carrow Road as you probably don''t realise what good club it is. I bet if Muryne had his time again he wouldn''t have left thinking the grass was greener!!

He was never really the same after his injury. It was a horrific tackle and maybe after that he has never been as commited. To be honest, who would blame him after that injury. Footballers are only human after all

[quote user="Forbes17"]My reply was a brief and sarcastic one because that''s all I thought Percy Varco''s response deserved. I often kid myself at times that this is a discussion board and often forget that it''s actually a school playground.[/quote]

Mulryne wasted his talent here. McVeigh is this years Mulryne and I won''t care what happens to him in the summer.

Exactly why do you think anybody is interested in the ex talent that is Mulryne?

Must go school bell has just rung for end of break

Like a few players who were at this club, you couldn''t argue with the quality he brought until we won the Championship.

Success brings its own problems, and Phil didn''t cope very well with them sadly.

But for me, even in our Championship season, he had an impact. But these players come and go... his loss really (unless he deems being financially loaded a success - and fair doos if he does. A lot of people would agree.)

No need to be so rude percyvarco, i found the post interesting. Have to admit to a touch of schadenfraude though.......

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]No need to be so rude percyvarco, i found the post interesting. Have to admit to a touch of schadenfraude though.......[/quote]

Appologies, rudeness was not the goal. Just there is surely much more to be of interest to us all than an ex player whose services were quite rightly dispensed with as the outlay was not indicative of the return. I doubt Mulryane worries about Norwich when viewing his bank account.

Quite funny to see what has happened to Mark ''without a club'' Rivers, I guess he still smokes 40 a day....  Paul McVeigh will no doubt be following these guys into obscurity.

Funny how a player of less ability but more commitment and a decent attitude like Clint Easton is still a first XIer in Division 1.  I am sure the increased wages has a large amount to do with this, players no longer needing to worry about their long term future.

McVeigh and Mulryne are prime examples of talented footballers who have wasted their talent and oppotunities.

Andy Hughes is a classic example of a footballer who has a little talent but gives 100% every game and has made the most of his natural talent.