PG seems to be reluctant to give him a starting place at the moment in time. Ive seen him play a few reserve games in which he has been excellent in. I know its a lot different from first team football but I just find it strange how we spend money on ANOTHER loan keeper. Now we are virtually safe id like to see him get a run from now till the end of the season. your thoughts?

The risk of putting the guy in is that every mistake will be scrutinised. If he played the next 5 games, and we lost them, subsequently to get relegated a lot of people could start blaming this on Lewis, finishing a promising career before it had started. If we get to Mid-april, 5 games left and mathimatically can''t get relegated then why not though?  

Unfortunately, we''re not "virtually safe", which is exactly why Peter Grant has gone for a more experienced goal keeper on loan, cos he clearly has a "problem" with Gallacher.

Watch this space, for Joe''s debut later in the season [;)] 

Do the sensible thing. Loan him out to see how he plays in a lower division, this is the only way to find out his real talent as they need a competetive step up from reserve games.

[quote user="Mister Carrow"]

Do the sensible thing. Loan him out to see how he plays in a lower division, this is the only way to find out his real talent as they need a competetive step up from reserve games.

[/quote]

Spot on Mr Carrow, he is not playing enough and needs to play to learn his trade. He has made a few howlers when playing for England so dont get carried away and start thinking he is ready for the Championship. I have seen him a lot at Colney and he is potentially very good, I think a goalkeepder does need to be handled very carefully so that he progresses without being thrown in at the deep end with the risk of a big loss of confidence. Get him out on loan,let the management watch him, and give him a try when he is ready. He is potentially top quality. 

I would like to think that once we have reached safety this season that some of the younger players will be given a go in the team including Joe Lewis. What is the point in continuing to play an on loan goalie at that stage when we can bring through Lewis and maybe Arnold too. I would also like to see Spillane, Cave-Brown, Bally Smart and Rossi Jarvis given some games! It''s the only way they''re going to improve!

Loaning him out is the right idea - it is more likely to happen at the start of next season, managers whose season isn''t over yet won''t want a loan keeper with no experience, and the others will not want to waste their money on loanees, will more likely make do and mend with what they''ve got.