Sign in to follow this  
Delias Buns

Livermore Departs As Duffy And Gunn Come In

[quote user="Stevie Wonder"][quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"]

Gunn?........Jobs for the boys again....and a classic case of the emotional merry-go-round that is NCFC these days. Never mind the quality....feel the waaaarmth....

Sorry guys....but while he has my utmost respect for what has happened in his life.....he isn''t what we need to grab this shower by the scruff of the neck and shake them. Rather like putting Lionel Blair in charge of the England rugby team in my opinion.........

[/quote]

Sorry Cluck whilst I agree with a lot of what you say this is nonsense. Jobs for the boys? Gunn already had a job within the club as an Ambassador. I think he will be a good appointment and as many others have pointed out he is a man with a lot of respect throughout football. He is City through and through and I can''t imagine he will stand for too many of the "easy life boys" afflicting the club at the minute. He was certainly no soft touch as a player (1st City player to be sent off 3 times, I think) and had no problems letting his back 4 know when they weren''t doing their jobs!

Now we just need Iwan back as reserve team coach................

[/quote]

You could well be right.....and I agree that he has a great pedigree and is every inch a City legend.....but sometimes that can lead to introversion. I just feel that because of his more or less "corporate" role within the club he is now yesterdays man with regards to team afairs....and another man like Duffy should be brought in. Gunn''s "contacts" will be rather limited with regards to having his ear to the ground....whereas someone from outside of CR will have a whole new perspective....and maybe something radical to pass on.

I''m not knocking Bryan Gunn....I''m just concerned that City are taking an easy option again rather than casting the net farther afield. I''m afraid I''m not very emotional when it comes to football matters and maybe that grates on some other posters.....but ultimately I want the same as you. It''s just an opinion....and it''s healthy to have an alternative view from the mainstream now and again...........

I agree with this, and Cluck I think you are wrong on this one.  Bryan Gunn has loads of respect and contacts, which will help him get us better deals on players etc.  He has not ever struck me as a ''soft touch''.  With his proud record, and being the man I think he is, I think he will be very good for everyone.  Also, Duffy, unknown quantity, but can he be worse motivationally then bloody Livermore?

[quote user="Stevie Wonder"][quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"]

Gunn?........Jobs for the boys again....and a classic case of the emotional merry-go-round that is NCFC these days. Never mind the quality....feel the waaaarmth....

Sorry guys....but while he has my utmost respect for what has happened in his life.....he isn''t what we need to grab this shower by the scruff of the neck and shake them. Rather like putting Lionel Blair in charge of the England rugby team in my opinion.........

[/quote]

Sorry Cluck whilst I agree with a lot of what you say this is nonsense. Jobs for the boys? Gunn already had a job within the club as an Ambassador. I think he will be a good appointment and as many others have pointed out he is a man with a lot of respect throughout football. He is City through and through and I can''t imagine he will stand for too many of the "easy life boys" afflicting the club at the minute. He was certainly no soft touch as a player (1st City player to be sent off 3 times, I think) and had no problems letting his back 4 know when they weren''t doing their jobs!

Now we just need Iwan back as reserve team coach................

[/quote]

well chuffed.  hunter is not the answer for me. too sven & mclaren like, fancy formations = good players becoming cr@pgrant looked like mafia don with skinhead bouncers alongside when the three were unveiled on look east last night. lol

I''m not going to try and argue with the many very genuine points raised re Gunn...and let''s hope the move is a good one for us all. I totally agree about his character and esteem...but I guess I''ve seen this club orchestrate so many PR excercises over the years that I cannot help but suspect them of another here.

The fans are restless and unhappy with recent events....so bring in a "fan''s champion" to quell the revolt. I still don''t think he is the man to make worthwhile changes and is just being asked to bail out this faltering Board....but I will happily bow to the majority here and hope I am completely wrong. I share the regard everyone has for him.....and if it works....that would be really excellent!...........[:)]