Sign in to follow this  
Misery Guts

bring back malkay !

I know its a bit of a depressing thought bringing back an old central defender who was sold because he was a bit too "hands on" for the prem but to be honest I don''t think its any coincidence that he''s played for the last 3 promoted clubs in a row , he hasn''t turned out for Watford that much this season and I think he would be a great addition to a back four badly needing some balls and a bit of orginasation, I''m also dissapointed we missed out on Eric Djemba Djemba I think he would have given a bit of bite and quality to our midfield , what does everyone else think ?

What is the point anyway? We already have the ideal man for the job and to replace Grant eventually here!Dion Dublin:Can play up front!Can Play Centre back!Can lead Men!Has the Players respect!Has played at the highest level!He is a fans favourite already!If I was grant I would clear Hunter out and livermore etc... and make Dion coach starting next season. It is not as if Hunter has achieved anything is it! Everyone seems to have forgot that he is still here!

to be honest its too late now. I watched Malky on the tv match at the weekend and he is coming to the end of his playing days. Good on him to still be getting the odd game at premiership level, and good on Ady Bothroyd in seeing his worth as a coach.  Just unlucky neither of ''em are still at our club.

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]What is the point anyway?

We already have the ideal man for the job and to replace Grant eventually here!

Dion Dublin:

Can play up front!

Can Play Centre back!

Can lead Men!

Has the Players respect!

Has played at the highest level!

He is a fans favourite already!

If I was grant I would clear Hunter out and livermore etc... and make Dion coach starting next season. It is not as if Hunter has achieved anything is it! Everyone seems to have forgot that he is still here!
[/quote]

You may well be very, very right Snakepit.

If we have to continue under Smith and Jones it could well be an excellent good move.

Dublin has wide respect in the game - and people tend to forget that (a) he started out here ( he knew City when we were successful  i.e. before S & J) and (b) he is a former England international.

OTBC

Now, if we could also get Malky on board the backroom staff, then...........who knows what could happen. 

The "Malky" situation clearly defines exactly what our problms are, and what they''ve been since he left - we have not had a decent defender for the last 3 seasons. Ironic perhaps for a Club that has traditionally had a strong commanding centre half - Butler, Stringer, Forbes, Bruce, Butterworth etc etc - the list is endless.

You can have as many "top class strikers" as you want but for me there''s no substitute for having someone at the back who is (a) capable, (b) knows what defending is all about and (c) can control and inspire the rest of the team.

Sadly, the Club have failed to replace Malky and as a result we find ourselves in the current predicament. I''m confident that if we had kept Malky, or if we had recruited someone in the same mould, then we would not have been relegated from the Premiership - we only needed a couple of extra points for survival and a good centre half would have achieved this.

Too much attention over the last 3 years has been given to satisfying the fans, or the Clubs ego, by always wanting to have a high profile striker while the defence has been crying out for a bit of quality and leadership to plug the leaky bucket - it''s no good having the best striker in the league when your goal difference is a minus 10.