Sign in to follow this  
Disco Dales Tash

Grant OUT!!!

As unhappy as I am with the current state of affairs sacking Grant is not the answer imho. Whatever way you cut it Grant has his hands tied because our squad has been allowed to become amongst the smallest in the Championship. If you read between the lines of his post Plymouth comments it is abundantly clear that a number of "under achievers" would have been shown the door if PG had a bigger squad/ the financial backing to undertake a wholesale clear out. I suspect we will see a "one in/one out" policy over the next couple of transfer windows. I would guess that PG would love to play some of the youngsters but he knows now is not an ideal time. The mismanagement of the NCFC board has got us into this mess and it is down to them to get us out of it by showing some bravery and ambition by backing thier man with hard cash. 

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]As unhappy as I am with the current state of affairs sacking Grant is not the answer imho. Whatever way you cut it Grant has his hands tied because our squad has been allowed to become amongst the smallest in the Championship. If you read between the lines of his post Plymouth comments it is abundantly clear that a number of "under achievers" would have been shown the door if PG had a bigger squad/ the financial backing to undertake a wholesale clear out. I suspect we will see a "one in/one out" policy over the next couple of transfer windows. I would guess that PG would love to play some of the youngsters but he knows now is not an ideal time. The mismanagement of the NCFC board has got us into this mess and it is down to them to get us out of it by showing some bravery and ambition by backing thier man with hard cash. [/quote] What a good sensible post!!  I agree whole heartedly with you BUT will the board stand up for their man and BACK him??  We await the answer!!

I can''t help thinking a lot of the "Grant Out" feeling comes from those who convinced themselves that Worthington was the only problem this club had. Clearly some people deluded themselves into thinking that suddenly Robinson and Hughes would never get near the team sheet again, the youngsters would suddenly be much better and that our favourite players would play week in, week out. Well that was never going to happen and people need to wake up.

People complained when Safri was dropped but can anyone argue that his performances have not improved since then? The majority wanted McVeigh to be given a chance but what has he done with it when it has been presented to him? Nothing, Grant has criticised him but he has also complimented his footballing ability but none of it has had any impact. At the end of the day no one is going to get McVeigh back to his best because he is simply not bothered. What can anyone do with a player with that attitude considering we need him because of the nature of our squad.

For me this is where the problem lies, there are too many players getting a "free lunch" so to speak because they have the club over a barrel. The players know the squad is small, that we cannot afford to bring in 10 players and effectively it makes them too comfortable. What (real) alternative is there to our back four? Dublin could play but he cannot manage 90 minutes week after week? Who is challenging Drury or Colin? Who is the alternative to Etuhu? The only alternatives are "holding" players and are not a direct replacement.

I''m not overly impressed with Grant by a long way but how do you make people who are comfortable follow your instructions, tactics etc. I don''t think there are many managers (especially that we could attract/afford) that could have turned this group of players around in the circumstances. Simple truth is that Grant (or any new manager) should have been in place before the end of last season giving them the summer to sort this shower out. However the board sat on their thumbs not making any decisions and we now find ourselves in no mans land.

There is no point discussing this idea!

Grant WILL NOT BE SACKED! Look what it took for Worthington to go and Grant was selected from outside the club by the board. Don''t waste your breath he is here to stay for a good while longer no matter what the fans sing or boycott.

OTBC 

What? Sorry am I really reading this? Am I really reading posts calling for Grant''s head? Am I really seeing avatars with "Sack Grant" written there? That''s absoloutly pathetic. Give the man a chance for crying out loud. You expect Grant to work miracles, he''s not Paul Daniel''s for god sake, he can only do so much with what he has to work with. So what, it''s been a very mixed bag of results under him. What do you expect? Seems to me fans think we should be winning every game 2/3-0. Get real. We''re an average side in this division and people need to wake up and realise it. That''s not Grant''s fault, he''s doin his best to turn around a ship Worthy left sinking. The man has only had 15 days to bring in his own players and he''s brought two in. Chadwick looks a very tidy piece of business, and Brown did very well on his debut. People wanted a new manager - you''ve got it, now give him a chance. Calling for his head after 17 games is sad and pathetic.