Sign in to follow this  
Canary Wanderer

Why does Earnie take our Free Kicks

Earnie is our best striker without a doubt; but I cringe every time we get a free kick outside the oppos penalty area.

Earnie lines up to take the shot and proceeds to either miss, delicate lob it, hit the wall  etc. And not once has he even looked like scoring. Surely its time to give someone else a chance. Maybe the chaps that come on at half time trying to hit the cross bar. Seriously though who ??

Also why make the Doc captain - another one with the inability to show any passion. The obvious choice would be Dion as he does everything else and at 37 still wants to unlike the rest of our pre maddonnas.

Finally why sell Earnie for 4 million when he is doing a good job and scoring goals. It is probably only a small amount over what we paid for him when you add agents fees. This seems like more spin from Carrow Road. We will sell Ashton; but in his place we will spend less and buy Earnie. Now lets sell him and replace him with someone for a bit less. Who we will then sell and replace with someone even less.

Finally why not chuck in Spillane, Jarvis, Martin, Lewis etc they surely can show no less gut than our current crop, And although we won''t go up it may give seeds for next year. If you keep doing what you are doing you will keep getting what you get. Please learn Mr Grant.

Can you get a new username???  Don''t want U getting any abuse thrown at you that is affectionately aimed in my direction do we???

Well you raised the question...so who indeed!  The point is that there is NOBODY at the club who is capable of taking a decent dead-ball kick, and that is part of our general lack of ability to be creative from set-pieces.  Anyone who watches the games knows what I mean when I say that the frequent, and utterly wasteful short corners we take show not only our lack of practise in these areas, but also the players lack of confidence in being able to even clear the first man!!!   Southend whipped in a few corners the other day, but can anyone remember the last time they thought ''wow we whipped that ball in nicely'' .

[quote user="The Smudger"]

Earnie is our best striker without a doubt; but I cringe every time we get a free kick outside the oppos penalty area.

Earnie lines up to take the shot and proceeds to either miss, delicate lob it, hit the wall  etc. And not once has he even looked like scoring. Surely its time to give someone else a chance. Maybe the chaps that come on at half time trying to hit the cross bar. Seriously though who ??

Also why make the Doc captain - another one with the inability to show any passion. The obvious choice would be Dion as he does everything else and at 37 still wants to unlike the rest of our pre maddonnas.

Finally why sell Earnie for 4 million when he is doing a good job and scoring goals. It is probably only a small amount over what we paid for him when you add agents fees. This seems like more spin from Carrow Road. We will sell Ashton; but in his place we will spend less and buy Earnie. Now lets sell him and replace him with someone for a bit less. Who we will then sell and replace with someone even less.

Finally why not chuck in Spillane, Jarvis, Martin, Lewis etc they surely can show no less gut than our current crop, And although we won''t go up it may give seeds for next year. If you keep doing what you are doing you will keep getting what you get. Please learn Mr Grant.

[/quote]

There isn''t really anyone else out there who can take 1, maybe Earny is the best of a bad bunch.  I remember Drury taking a couple earlier in the season.  They were cringeworthy.  1 thing I couldn''t fatom out about Earnies free-kicks on Tues was, whatever was Robinson doing.  He was lining up to shoot as if shooting with his left foot. He hasn''t really got a right 1 but it is better than his left.  If it is meant to be getting the wall worried or making the keeper wonder who is taking the kick and where the ball might be going, it was clearly never going to work.  Surely they could try some in practice and see who might look closest to scoring, as nothing else is working.  Do you remember Eastwoods free-kick against Man Utd? I think it may have been the 1st free-kick he had ever taken for Southend, it doesn''t have to be the same player every time.  Try others, wot would it lose?

[quote user="whoops brigadier"]Robert Eagle takes a good corner.........unfortunately he`s not very good at much else[/quote]

have u seen him play? or are u a Wallerite?

Eagle is a handy player

jas :)