Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

Just seen the challenge on Chadwick again

looks horrible on TV!!!!

anyone seen it?

I have to say why didnt the ref show a card? the guy has taken Chadwick out clearly, maybe not meant for him to clatter the board, but still...a wrekcless challenge which has led to the hospitalisation of a player. the club should takre action i think.

jas :)

I haven''t seen it again but I thought at the time it was a very poor challenge. I was also surprised and worried to see that the advertising boards at Portman Road appear to be metal and with no give in them for collisions. Surely this is asking for trouble and it may have cost us dearly if Chadwick is badly injured!

I was at the ground... My gut instinct says it was a dislocated shoulder, the way he just sat there loosely holding it rather than doing rotations or anything. I just hope it wasn''t something worse like a broken collar bone. Either way, on the basis of that, I''d guess he may well be out for a couple of games minimum. Sad, as his performance was one of the few positives on the day. Still, great signing in my view.

I was at the ground as well.  It was man and ball.  It wasn''t even a foul.  Granted, Chadwick got absolutely clattered but it doesn''t mean it wasn''t a legal challenge. Talking of taking action is just about as pathetic as our performance yesterday.  It''s a pity there weren''t any players in yellow that showed a similar level commitment and aggression.