Sign in to follow this  
superhux

The player we missed out on....

The loan deal that fell through was for George McCartney from west ham. However... the arrival of Carlton Cole on loan is sed to be imminent.

Heard from my Dad who has friends connected with the club. This is actually true an not just made up. Would hav been a good signing....

[quote user="superhux"]The loan deal that fell through was for George McCartney from west ham. However... the arrival of Carlton Cole on loan is sed to be imminent.[/quote]

Carlton Coles arrival has been "imminent" since August.

Lets all face it he isnt coming! its people trying to talk him up

jas :)

This all makes perfect sense to me - remember, PG knows all the ins and outs at WHU, and Pardew is going to help him out before anyone else. Also, PG said the player was currently playing and that the situation at his club had changed whereby he was needed. McCartney has just come into the side after injuries to Ferdinand and the Pantsil fella they signed in the summer. Cole meanwhile is behind Zamora, Harewood, Sheringham and Tevez come to that so he won''t be happy with having to fight it out with all them every week. For a place on the bench. And he''s come down to this division before to get 1st team football with Wolves. I think he''d be a fine signing - he was knocking them in for fun with Wolves.

i don''t think coles ego will allow him to drop down a division, in the summer he said he''d be using West Ham as a stepping stone towards a move to a bigger club