Sign in to follow this  
FatMan Fat

Re-instate Malkay Captain?

As the next few matches are going to be crucial to the Club perhaps the time has come to re-instate Malkay as Captain? Without doubt he is the most inspirational and commanding player in the squad and we might just need some of his "gee-ups" over the next few matches.
Whilst I rate Drury as a player his only contribution as Captain, for me, is that he puts on the armband!

Agree that Malky should be captain, but to take the armband away from Drury at this stage of the season would be wrong. I think you will find Malky will be the inspirational leader and motivator regardless of the arm band anyway.

right idea wrong time.

What about Holty? How many MOMs this year? Leads by example too with his box to box workrate. Check his goal v Coventry.

i would have fleming before mackay. to me he seems to have just a little bit more respect from the other players. but u all may disagree with me?
without doubt drury will keep his captains armband till the end of the season and lift the first division title.
next year we could see someone different, maybe another leader brought into the team or an already established player in the team?
but whoever it is worthy always seems to get it right so i will be behind whoever he chooses 100%.

More importantly, who should be captain in the prem? Will Worthy stick with Drury? I doubt it somehow. A lot of people think Flem is the man and i would agree with that, i think he is the man to Captain us in the prem.

What we dont know is what goes on in the dressing room, though Malky and Fleming have obvious pitch presence, Drury might well be helping Worthy out more behind the scenes and Im sure being an effective captain both off and off the pitch. And for next year, well maybe there will be a change. How about Green?