Sign in to follow this  
Tom NCFC

Well Done Gallacher

although i have to say i''m still not convinced. Some people critisized green towards the end but they knw now how lucky we were.

Gallagher is a decent shot stopper but not in the same league. As for coming for and catching the ball, the jury''s very much still out imo, he doesnt give out confidence when he comes and in fact is probably also worse than Green in this department, (and that was greens flaw). His kicking''s also a bit wayward, i think he''s got the nCFC keepers curse with that.

Gallagher''s done a decent solid job, not cost us anything, but he''s not as good as previos keepers (marshall, gunn, green). It is an area we have been very luck in and unfortunately he has a very hard act to follow. In most other championship clubs he would probably be rated as brilliant.

However, congratulations on your recall you deserve it.

Now to be fair Gallacher is far better than people give him credit for. I''ve come out the ground every week thinking he''s made a few cracking saves. I''m a keeper myself and I guess this makes me appreciate saves for their difficulty. I''m not an expert by any means, but Gallacher is sturdy, doesn''t seem to make too many mistakes, and a great shot stopper, his average rating for each game can''t be too bad. But then I''ve only watched him at home. Away may be a different story.

I can''t remember a goal conceded this season that you could blame on him (perhaps apart from when he rushed out to Michael Keane at Rotherham). He seems to be more consitent than Green but not quite in the same league in terms of shot stopping. Also the jury''s out for me on his dealing with crosses.But well done Gally - you deserve the recall.