Sign in to follow this  
Saint Canary

Water to Wine?

I will watch City with interest after the international break to see what happens.  Whether Hunter is still caretaker or not it will be interesting to see how or if anything changes.  Will a new man feel any of our youngsters are good enough or was Worthy right that they were not ready/good enough?  Will our players actually turn up for games?

I suppose the big question that will be answered is whether the players are actually as good as we think they are?  Will they improve for a new manager who can get more out of them or do we just have a mid-table side with a couple of quality players.  I am of the belief that this team is capable of a lot more but I am more than aware that I could be totally wrong and I am guilty of over rating City players.

Can a new man turn our 17th into at least 6th?

The problem seems to be that seom of our players turn up when it suits them.  I think Coterill put his arm around Worthington at half teim because he could see that our defensive line just weren''t putting the work in.  Shackell gave the Burnley striker the freedom of Carrow Road for the 3rd goal, so it all comes down to whether the new bloke can get the players working for him.  Judging from early form, I think Hunter could get the players working for him if he is appointed, certainly as caretaker.

I wonder how much the problem at Norwich is a lack of ambition amongst the players.

Some of them seem to accept that the Championship is as good as they will ever get. While at Norwich they''re on to a sweet deal - the best money they''ll earn and nice facilities.

We don''t have a driving force or any momentum at the moment.

I hope a new manager will set about clearing the dead wood.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

The problem seems to be that seom of our players turn up when it suits them.  

[/quote]

I think that is the biggest problem we have had for over a season now blah and the biggest frustration of them all.  We all know this team is capable of beating anyone in this league but are just as likely to lose.  Had the players turned up yesterday it could have been 4-1 to City.  I suppose the question is, can any manager get them to do it week in, week out?

[quote]I wonder how much the problem at Norwich is a lack of ambition amongst the players.[/quote]

In a way a lack of ambition is almost understandable, given the gulf in quality between Championship and Premiership.

When we went up, we replaced a lot of players, if the players keep us in this league they stay in their jobs ?

Whoever takes the job needs to convince the players that they can, and will be given the chance to, compete in the league above.

This is where our location works heavily against us.

People say "it''s nice". Well that''s just it, it is!!! It''s quiet, there''s no competition from other clubs, the players swan around the county as local celebrities and get to live out their lives quietly and without much hassle. It''s a beautiful place, an easy life and laid-back atmosphere.

The only time they get a bit of needle is when they have to go to some pesky away game, ruining their plans for the weekend and subjecting them to a bit of hard work!!

Our players have been spineless since 1996, and only Worthington has ever managed to drum it out of them, and even then it was only for a season or two. I don''t know how it can be rectified, but I don''t see it being an easy thing - it is how it is.

[quote]Blah x 3 - You are being a bit harsh on Shacks, you forget that 1) We were down to 10 men and 2) we were playing three at the back!! [/quote]

The replays on sky showed him practically jumping on the spot instead of making the tackle, admittedly he was under a lot of pressure and it was a momentary thing, but I reckon he''d have made a tackle if his heart was in it yesterday.  None of our defenders showed up, and Doherty as team captain probably did the best thing by getting himself sent off for crawling into their forward, getting sent off took responsibility out of his hands.