Sign in to follow this  
Evil Monkey

Get Well Soon Hamster

Can I be the first on this board to wish Richard "The Hamster" Hammond well in his recovery from his horrific crash in York yesterday.  For those of you who don''t know, The Hamster was involved in a 300mph crash yesterday whilst trying to break the British Land Speed Record, and is now in critical condition in the Leeds General Infirmary, though reports this morning are that he is now "stable".Richard Hammond is nothing short of a broadcasting legend in my eyes - a total natural in front of the camera, and always entertaining in whatever he does. A great chirpy foil to Clarksons old man rantings on Top Gear.Sign here for your thoughts and wishes to go out to Richard and his family.

yeah it was a bit of a bummer but i''m sure he''ll be OK, you wouldn''t get me in that car!

Whats wrong with Clarksons "old man rantings", i''m merely middle aged but thinks he talks a lot of sense.

I''ll second that.  Heard it on Five Live earlier.  Although I am not a great watcher of Top Gear it must be awful for his family.... Get well soon Richard.

I went cold when I heard the news last night but the prognosis sounds a bit better this morning. My daughter met him at a filming of Top Gear and said that he is really nice (albeit shorter than her). Our best wishes & thoughts go to Richard, his wife and young family.

Confess to not having watched Top Gear very much but still shocking news all the same.  I really hope he makes a good recovery and is back with his family soon.

I don''t watch Top Gear that often either, but whenever I do I always enjoy it immensely.  Especially last series where they made the amphibious vehicles, I honestly can''t remember laughing so much at a show that isn''t a comedy.

And I wasn''t slating Clarkson, I like him because he''s a grumpy old man, same as James May.  Hammond is just the perfect foil and they make a great trio.