Sign in to follow this  
Master J-Do Pur

Shackell?

Does anyone no why he didn''t play or appear on the bench. What worries me is that worthington feels the Doc is our best defender where infact the only reason he has to make so many last ditch tackles is because his positioning is appalling and is in many ways a poor defender. I feel we do need to get in another experienced centre back (under 30 though) that can command our back line. Any thoughts?

I heard last night he had been dropped.  No idea why but perhaps it explains why Worthy was so desperate to get O''Brien.  Something isn''t right and it''s sad, considering that 18 months ago he was giving the likes of Drogba and Rooney a tough game.

Dropping Shackell worked brilliantly. Not even on the bench so if a defender had got injured we had no cover whatsoever! I''m fed up with Worthy''s petty feuds with players! About time he grew up!

Don''t worry last season Doherety''s performances alongside fleming were abysal.

Worthy always asks for consistency and now dohertys gave  it to him.

BRING BACK THE SHACK

we don''t know the reasons he was dropped, but his form was shaky, if we still lost 3-1 with him playing you''d all say "why didn''t he drop him"? you can''t please you lot.

lets be honest,the lads having a poor season,his positioning and marking have been shaky.we have been leaking goals and he needed dropping

[quote user="starman"]lets be honest,the lads having a poor season,his positioning and marking have been shaky.we have been leaking goals and he needed dropping[/quote]

I feel that the only reason he is getting caught out of position is the fact that Docherty is constantly wandering. When playing alongside a posiitionally inept player it is difficult to make your position correct when in your mind you have to think about covering. I feel we need to base a defence around shackell because he is one of the few people i can see still here in 4/5 years time.

Shacks may have made no difference yesterday cause the performance was so bad.  Interesting that he didn''t even make the bench as cover.  And he wasn''t injured.

You will probably find Shackells form will dramaticially improve under a new manager - Like many other players at this club. Until then, many of our players will underperform - week in, week out.

[quote user="Alex Harvey-Jones"]Dropping Shackell worked brilliantly. Not even on the bench so if a defender had got injured we had no cover whatsoever! I''m fed up with Worthy''s petty feuds with players! About time he grew up![/quote]

Shackells form has been poor and deserved to be dropped. As for saying there was no cover on the bench, what about Dublin? Wothington obviously had this in mind by also naming Jarvis and Thorne on the bench.

PS Worthy OUT!!

If you look back over the last two seasons you will find that Worthy always drops the youngsters first, irrespective of how poorly the other team members are playing.  In midweek Eagle and the Jarvis brothers played well, but only Ryan made a place on the bench.  Fleming had a good game and was straight back in to the team. 

Winning breeds confidence and I for one would have liked to see Eagle given a chance in place of McVeigh.  If he was old enough against the bruisers from Rotherham, then he should have been ok against Plymouth.  The only message Worthy sends out to the youngsters is ''however well you play there is no chance of staying in the team whilst I am in charge''.

I agree Shackell has had a bad patch, but he is certainly no more of a liabilty than Doherty, and Fleming for that matter.  When Worthy does leave I pray he takes the likes of Fleming, Thorne, Doherty and Robinson with him.

I didn''t get where I got today without standing on the touchline with my arms folded.