Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Turning point? The 1st week in September 2003 brought Crouch, Huckerby & Harper in on 3 month loans. Who would be your 3 choices this time?

I leave it to Worthington.

His decisions made here will make him or break him......or  Delia if she doesn''t find the money to build on a fine start to the season (whilst playing football the Norwich way!!!!!).

My only stipulations are that they should be (a) of premiership level quality, (b) hungry, (c) comfortable with the Norfolk lifestyle  and (c) signable if things work out.

OTBC. 

I think the key is to find players who are in the Huckerby/Crouch predicament of not even getting on the bench in the Prem and who need a chance to reserect their careers.

My three? Jerome Thomas - Charlton, Andy Griffin - Portsmouth and Teddy Sheringham - West Ham.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

(c) comfortable with the Norfolk lifestyle

[/quote]Whats not to be comfortable with?I really think we do ourselves a disservice sometimes with our "backwater" mentality.Norwich is a historic yet modern and vibrant city, having travelled around a bit over the years I''d say its easier on the eye than most, with an admirable proportion of historic buildings inside the city walls well-preserved and happily co-existing with more recent devlopments such as the Forum.We''ve got our castle, our two cathedrals, the charming river Wensum taking in Pulls Ferry, Bishop Bridge, and Cow Tower, overlooked by the city''s all important "green lung", Mousehold.For those that like to shop ''till they drop, (and I''m guessing that''s most footballers wives ;)) Norwich offers all the big name brands you''d expect from a modern city, but also a real variety of little gems tucked away here there and everywhere.Thats just the city centre, explore a little further and you have an international airport, some of the finest fishing these islands can offer, much of it on the Broads, the largest inland waterway network in Europe.The beautiful coastline, an excellent motorsport venue at Snetterton, more golf courses than I''ve had hot dinners (footballers seem to like golf, personally I''d need to be lobotomised before you''d find me on a golf course...) It takes, what, a couple of hours to get to London if you travel during the day? 3 and a bit to Manchester? (at least if I''m driving!) - that''s hardly in the arse end of beyond. Its 2006 not 1836, we have these amazing "horseless carraiges" y''know? ;)Well that got that off my chest.Norfolk rules. OK? :o)

Herb. I agree with you. I love Norfolk and Norwich too.

But try selling it as a place to live to the average London or Northern youngster.

It has no smoke or hills you see.

OTBC.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]But try selling it as a place to live to the average London or Northern youngster.[/quote]I could do that.Maybe Norwich City should employ me as Relocation Liason Adminstrator or something - you can be my second in command :o)

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]But try selling it as a place to live to the average London or Northern youngster.[/quote]

I could do that.
Maybe Norwich City should employ me as Relocation Liason Adminstrator or something - you can be my second in command :o)

[/quote]

Herb,

I''m dying to come back. I left when I was a kid because of my parents work and now a father myself I want to bring my little girl up in Norfolk. I am actively looking for work in the area as we speak and can''t wait to make the move back. All of my relatives still live their and in fact my parents are moving back to retire next year. Most of my memories are from Loddon and various other areas my clan are spread around.

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]But try selling it as a place to live to the average London or Northern youngster.[/quote]

I could do that.
Maybe Norwich City should employ me as Relocation Liason Adminstrator or something - you can be my second in command :o)

[/quote]

Thanks Herb, but I''ll have to turn you down as I''m not a good follower - I''d prefer my own car too!

The likes of Huckerby may be an "easy" sell - been there, done that, young family.                                                                      But spare me "bright lights youngsters" or mercenary foreigners.

But there again if you showed them Gorleston Cliffs as well, you may have a better chance.

OTBC   

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

(c) comfortable with the Norfolk lifestyle

[/quote]Whats not to be comfortable with?I really think we do ourselves a disservice sometimes with our "backwater" mentality.Norwich

is a historic yet modern and vibrant city, having travelled around a

bit over the years I''d say its easier on the eye than most, with an

admirable proportion of historic buildings inside the city walls

well-preserved and happily co-existing with more recent devlopments

such as the Forum.We''ve got our castle, our two cathedrals,

the charming river Wensum taking in Pulls Ferry, Bishop Bridge, and Cow

Tower, overlooked by the city''s all important "green lung", Mousehold.For

those that like to shop ''till they drop, (and I''m guessing that''s most

footballers wives ;)) Norwich offers all the big name brands you''d

expect from a modern city, but also a real variety of little gems

tucked away here there and everywhere.Thats just the city

centre, explore a little further and you have an international airport,

some of the finest fishing these islands can offer, much of it on the

Broads, the largest inland waterway network in Europe.The beautiful

coastline, an excellent motorsport venue at Snetterton, more golf

courses than I''ve had hot dinners (footballers seem to like golf,

personally I''d need to be lobotomised before you''d find me on a golf

course...) It takes, what, a couple of hours to get to London

if you travel during the day? 3 and a bit to Manchester? (at least if

I''m driving!) - that''s hardly in the arse end of beyond. Its 2006 not

1836, we have these amazing "horseless carraiges" y''know? ;)Well that got that off my chest.Norfolk rules. OK? :o)

[/quote]

Thanks Herb, I''m leaving Norwich in a week for the smog-infested North, and you''ve made me come over all weepy... [:''(]