Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

We're the Barclay, we're the Barclay, we're the Barclay over here!

Since the South, er New, er Jarrold stand has been built it''s fantastic to have another place where chants are started. The atmosphere has been superb all season. Can I promote the chant between the Snake Pit, Barclay and (hopefully South stand) which kind of got going on Saturday but not really. I first heard it from a friend who supports Arsenal ages ago but I''m sure it''s been around Carrow Road for years too.

Snake Pit- "We''re the snake pit, we''re the snake pit, we''re the snake pit over here"
Barclay- "We''re the Barclay, we''re the Barclay, we''re the Barclay over here"
South Stand- "We''re the south stand, we''re the south stand, we''re the south stand over here."
Barclay- "We''re the Barclay, we''re the Barclay, we''re the Barclay over here."
Snake Pit- "We''re the snake pit, we''re the snake pit, we''re the snake pit over here"

I''m sure you''ve picked it up by now!! There was a bit of friendly banter between the Barclay and Snake Pit on Saturday which was fun. Of course the Barclay won but being a Barclay boy myself i''m a bit biased ;-) Let''s keep up the fantastic atmosphere.

Upper Barclay- "we''re the upper, we''re the upper, we''re the upper tier up here." A few of us tried to get this going but it didn''t really catch on. We will try again against PNE though.

I bet the Walsall fans were bemused by it all, DD. They were trying to get at us by chanting "Sunderland" but we largely ignored them and got on with having a good natured crack at each other - great stuff!

Really proud to be amongst the South stand boys (and girls) when the Barclay started "sing up the South Stand" and the South Stand came back with OTBC which sounded great under the new roof- awesome atmosphere

Don''t know about that large Jarrold''s flag though. Hope it doesn''t catch on.

Super moment was the score annoucer having to stop mid-flow after the 5th went in when it looked like Hucks might make it 6. You know you''ve had a good day when the announcer hasn''t got time to read out the scorers!

Heres hoping for a dog of a hangover on Thursday morning

I agree. I''m really enjoying sitting in the south satnd again. God to see a bit of atmosphere there. I''m also not sure bout that jarrolds flag. What do other people think? Does it look crap from the barclay etc?
I remember when I sat in the Barclay a few years ago, during coca cola cup games against lower league opposition we used to have banter between the left and right of the the Barclay:
We''re the left side, we''re the left side, we''re the left side over here
We''re the right side, we''re the right side, we''re the right side over here

Coming so soon after those spineless clowns at the FA refused to do anything about Everton slurring our supporters by claiming that we were chanting racist abuse, yours is an interesting post DL.

I was sitting in the South Stand very close to the Walsall fans and at first I was thinking to myself that they were being a bit petty by chanting "Sunderland, Sunderland". After about the 4th time I realised that they weren''t, but were actually chanting "Saddlers, Saddlers" (their club nickname like our Canaries).

Its just another example that football fans can think they hear something being chanted when in fact its not being chanted at all. Which of course is what happened at Everton, and has been proved beyond all doubt. Oh how I''m looking forward to chanting "You f** *******" at Rooney when they come here next season. No on second thoughts better not. No doubt some cloth eared hack from the national press will mis hear it and claim that we''re all a bunch of racists.

Too true Mr R. We''ve sung ''We''re going to win the league'' a lot recently, but it sounds very much like ''We''re going to Wem-ber-ley'' from where I stand in the Barclay. Which of course is plainly silly, we won''t even be in the play-offs at this rate.

Ama

Fair enough, Mr R, if I misheard but it sounded like they were trying to bait us. Have to say they were a good humoured bunch of fans taking into account their predicament.

I DO APOLOGISE TO ANY WALSALL FANS IF I MISHEARD THEIR CHANTING - that wasn''t too difficult. Your turn now, Toffees...

Fat Chance.