Sign in to follow this  
Canary Boy

O'Neill Interested In Sutton...

Ok, apparently today, Martin O''Neill is interested in the services of his old Celtic striker, Chris Sutton.

What sort of impact do you think this will have on our club? If Aston Villa sign him doesn''t this show that one of the finest manager''s of our generation rate Sutton as a Premiership player?

Ok, so he may have only one season left in him, but on a p-a-u-p basis, he is worth every penny.

This is gonna bite Worthy somewhere I can see it!

"O''Neill has already been linked with..." Oh yes? And which reliable source provided this link? I''d only believe this if I saw and heard the words coming directly out of Martin O''Neill''s own mouth. Players are ''linked'' with other clubs all the time, it doesn''t mean it''s true. I''d like to see more concrete evidence that O''Neill still rates Sutton before jumping to any conclusions. I''d also like to see concrete evidence that Sutton is definitely willing to accept a ''pay-as-you-play'' contract that certain people on here seem to have taken as read! It still strikes me that a lot of this Sutton guff is speculation.

Totally useless speculation in teh end because our inept manager - a huge Duncan Ferguson Fan, and a man whom does not rate Robbie Fowler as good enough for norwich, but Hooze is first name on the teamsheet.  Has deemed Sutton too old, not good enough and apparantly injury prone and will not even consider speaking to him to find out his demands.

good one you dour fool.

I have heard tonight on T.V that Martin O''neil wants Chris Sutton. If O''neil says he is good enough for the prem he is more than perfect for the championship !

Maybe Worthy is scared of bringing Sutton to the club because if things went bad like last year he would possibly be in the frame to take over as manager.

If O''Neil wants Sutton then he''ll get him - it''s as simple as that and I''m afraid that City won''t even get a look in - assuming of course that want him anyway.

For me the whole Chris Sutton saga is a complete nonsense and we should now put it to bed and move on.  He was never coming back to city and never will as we can''t afford his wages.  End of.