Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Sutton? Why not Terry Bly, Ron Davies or Ted McDougal........or?

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Ted McDougall was great though.[/quote]So was Terry Allcock, we used to live round the corner from him when I was little. :)

CJF.

34 does not necessarily equal 34.

I repeat dear Foghorn that by most accounts Sutton is unmotivated, crocked and just about washed up. People want him as a key player with a central role - I say no to that. If he will sit on the bench, come on when we need to change up things and be on pay as you play, then maybe, just maybe it would be worth a go.

Anderton I advocated as a squad player on the bench able to back up Croft and Huckerby - and able to come on for 30 min or so and spell Croft/Huckerby or just change up things. He''s a hell of a player when fit and on song.

So no joke, Citizen. Just a little out of the box thinking.

OTBC.

''Er, perhaps you could tell me exactly when it was that the original ''sick note'' was last ''fit'' and ''on song''!!

Thank god Worthy (on Radio Norfolk tonight) firmly quashed this speculation.

Great come back to win today but was it just me or do any others think that for long periods (all the first half for example) Luton were the better side and we were a shadow of the Tuesday night performance? Still, credit where it is due though and we did really well to get the win against a good side. Far too much hype though from some fans e.g. callers on Radio Norfolk saying rubbish like...''we''re definitely going to win the title now'' and ''I''ll be disappointed if it''s only the play off''s''. Wake up and get real. Early season results are notoriously misleading. Burnley for automatic promtion anyone? Thought not.  

Let''s wait and see how things pans out when we the going gets tough and injuries set in. Imagine how we will cope if Earnie, Drury and Shacks were sidelined? Not very well in all probability. The squad is painfully thin and the priorities of getting some goal scoring quality into midfield + bolstering the defence have been ignored by Worthy.  

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

CJF.

34 does not necessarily equal 34.

I repeat dear Foghorn that by most accounts Sutton is unmotivated, crocked and just about washed up. People want him as a key player with a central role - I say no to that. If he will sit on the bench, come on when we need to change up things and be on pay as you play, then maybe, just maybe it would be worth a go.

Anderton I advocated as a squad player on the bench able to back up Croft and Huckerby - and able to come on for 30 min or so and spell Croft/Huckerby or just change up things. He''s a hell of a player when fit and on song.

So no joke, Citizen. Just a little out of the box thinking.

OTBC.

[/quote]

I''m not sure they do want Sutton as a key player?  Certainly I would like to see him as an alternative to Peter Thorne on the bench.  His versatility could prove useful from the bench also, equally if injuries kick in to have a player of such ability. He also allows us to mix it up, again first half today it was crying out for a player to hold up the ball.  I wonder how many of Crofty''s superb crosses are going to go over our strikers head.

Anderton is a perrenial crock.  I guess he could offer cover to the wings, but surely his pace is gone now, I would have thought he was a different type of player these days.