Sign in to follow this  
my other team is england

so we need cover at left back do we ?

absolutely ruddy brilliant ! Two seasons to replace Mark Rivers.One season and still counting with a succession of bodies at right back and now we are in a right pickle at left back if Drury is injured or out of sorts.Still why worry,the season is still five days away !As for the Chris Sutton sit u a shun   no transfer fee to worry about   no protracted agent talks   no bills from Dunston Hall to pay   no member of club staff tied up for days on end taking him house hunting    just a short term contract on a pay as you play basisAn old football expression is that form is temporary but class is forever.Chris has class by the bucket full.The legs may not be as willing as years gone by but he has more than enough brains for this division.

welcome to the board MOTIE

spot on - look forward to more of the same.

we criticise worthy for having no plan c, but the board dont seem to have a plan at all. how can they allow this to happen without reprocussions - this isnt a charity they are running

Well said. The sity-a-shun is that we need a big target man (according to Worthy, anyway) and Chris is available and prepared to come here - so why on earth Worthy can''t simply pick up the phone and ask Chris what his terms are, God only knows. Do it Worthless! You might even endear yourself to a few fans, or at least help the healing process, anyway.

Ok, so were "desperate" for cover at left back. If drury gets injured or loses form right? So we don''t need any cover for the right hand side then? A player who were yet to see play for us, a player who looks unfit and according to previous fans is best used as a sub? Can barely last a game? Don''t get me wrong I''m chuffed to bits that Croft is here. But to say the right side is more sorted than the left back situation is a little dubious.

" Worthy can''t simply pick up the phone and ask Chris what his terms are " Who says he hasn''t ?

How did this thread about a left back turn into another anti Nigel Worthington rant ?

Have to agree with Death of a Canary. This Sutton stuff has been done to death - whether you a post as a long term poster or a sudden newbie.

[quote user="Gamera"]. But to say the right side is more sorted than the left back situation is a little dubious.
[/quote]

It is isnt it - On the left we have hucks and drury, poss WLY. On the right we have croft, hughes, henderson, WLY, MLJ, Colin, Flem, and Capt Clapper.

The state we''re in at least we can physically put a player on the right

Sorry to be picky, Rossi, but you''ve put Hughes in there twice and failed to mention Shackell as a left sided player.

But otherwise, I fully agree.

Right back, that''s a laugh...

One who has never crossed the white line

One who has never crossed the half way line

And one who is approaching the end of the line.

I wouldn''t worry about the rumour of him leaving.

as for injury i spose we could always use Spillane. He could do with the experience.

It is quite comforting to read in the paper today then Motie that Matthew Louis Jean is back to full fitness so at least we dont have to worry about right back cover.

[quote user="Peter"]It is quite comforting to read in the paper today then Motie that Matthew Louis Jean is back to full fitness so at least we dont have to worry about right back cover.[/quote]

I''m told that MLJ is still 4 weeks away from being anywhere near match fit.