http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/crystal_palace/5040426.stm

This is hilarious. People would be pulling them off each other within a

week. Some people might wish for a hire and fire chairman like this at

NCFC, but it has ultimately got them no further than us and now he''s

blaming Dowie for everything.  He''s a grade a t***er! Who would

you fear more next season? A Palace with Dowie at the helm or a Palace

with a new manager who will have to reorganise the club to his ways and

establish himself? 

Jordan added: "I want a manager who can take us up next season.

"The team should have gone up last season, but it didn''t go up for a number of reasons.

"I want a manager in who doesn''t under-perform and who

ensures we go up in what is the last year of the parachute payments and

probably one of the most important years for the club."

I hope he gets his man A1 because is an ordinary manager who has only known success at big clubs.  Winning things at Rangers, Liverpool and getting multi-million pound Blackburn promoted - impressive!

As for Jordan, well he is a grade A plum.  He has treated so many of his managers like dirt changing them as often as he bleaches his hair and now he doesn''t like taking his own medicine from Dowie.  Sorry no sympathy, he has no concept of the word loyalty yet he expected it from Dowie.

Well A1, Palace may fail to achieve promotion next year ( I personally think they are not up to it ) but at least I give Jordan marks for stating his case and expectations. Delia''s silence along with her Chairman''s words ( quote: we would like to be challenging, a better, more satisfying year, unquote ) leave me cold in comparison. Is understating the objective "the Norwich way?"  If so, we realised our ambition by such an approach in our season in the Premiership, and it appears to this observer that we are "bedding in" to the Championship.  

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]Well A1, Palace may fail to achieve promotion next year ( I personally think they are not up to it ) but at least I give Jordan marks for stating his case and expectations. Delia''s silence along with her Chairman''s words ( quote: we would like to be challenging, a better, more satisfying year, unquote ) leave me cold in comparison. Is understating the objective "the Norwich way?"  If so, we realised our ambition by such an approach in our season in the Premiership, and it appears to this observer that we are "bedding in" to the Championship.  [/quote]

I should pinch myself here but YC I agree with you totally.

All I hope is that they are being so silent because they are working night and day to rectify the problems.

I hope they are planning something extrodinary in terms of player movement.

That is, I hope, not that they are.

No, of course not.  Are you implying that someone like Jordan is the only alternative to the leadership vacuum at Carrow Road?  Why do people have to polarise every issue?

We don''t need another Robert Chase but we are crying out for another Geoffrey Watling, and there''s plenty of spare seats at the boardroom table.

What do you mean "no of course not"?  Yellow and yankee seem to be

indicating they prefer Jordan''s approach to ours. Who''s position would

you rather be in right now - Palace''s or ours?

The thing is, we don''t actually have an all powerful Chariman who does

whatever he likes. The Chairman of a football club is little less than

a dictator as many others have proved. No one person should have that

much power, expecially people like Chase, Jordan, Freddie Sheppard and

so on. My post was merely an "at least we don''t have someone like that

running our club" observation (as well as one of amusement at the

thought of Souness working for Simon Jordan) that only Saint Canary

seemed to take in the right way!

[quote user="Bring back Chase."]No we have a do sod all and cross your fingers and pray type.[/quote]

Exactly, at least Jordan is passionate about the club and shows his determination.

I think he did the right thing over the Dowie incident and all the Palace fans writing in to Sky Sports News on the Day agreed!

At least when things are not going right at his club he appears to have a bit of passion and fighting spirit unlike our board who are becoming laughable. They just bury their heads in the sand during difficult times. Delia was all over the press and TV during the Prem season but last year I wondered if she was still here. I myself would love to see a bit more passion and truth from the board!

If Dowie really did give Mr Jordan assurances that he would not leave Palace and go to their hated rivals Charlton, then he deserves to have a writ served against him. The trouble is, that if this was just a gentleman''s agreement, it is unlikely that Jordan will have sufficient proof to successfully sue I should have thought. Surely, it will be only Jordans word against Dowies and so therefore he is unlikely to gain his £1 million in compensation.

[quote user="stephen nobbs"]If Dowie really did give Mr Jordan assurances that he would not leave Palace and go to their hated rivals Charlton, then he deserves to have a writ served against him. [/quote]

No he doesnt.... If i was to go into work tommorow and say to my boss "oh i have to leave, but dont worry i wont join rival company" only to take a job with the rival firm there would be nothing they could do about it... Simon Jordon is a Prat!

jas:)