Sign in to follow this  
Huddy

2 New Signings at last!

I wouldn''t knock it, they could be the next Micheal Owen and David Beckham for all we know. Which means worthy will ship them out at the first possible offer [:P]

Another example of the failings of the club. Will these two help us get promotion ? How much of the parachute money was wasted on them.

I bet they won''t be eating at their digs but tucking into nine course meals in the club''s posh business man restaurant.

Wasn''t it Chase''s idea to build a place where parents could come to stay.We should sell Colney off and spend the money on transfer fees.

I bought a season ticket to see Premiership football not see it chucked at new stands, training facilities and new pitches. Everytime I go to the ground now it is shut. Worthington should be sacked.

By the way aren''t the might town a wonderful club, so much better than us smelly budgies.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Great, two more youngsters who won''t get a chance before being shipped out on loan or sold...[/quote]Could you be any more negative if you tried?If they''re good enough in a couple of years they may well get their chance in the first team, like Green, Henderson, Jarvis etc. Going on loan is an excellent way for younger players on the fringe of a first team to get some good experience.These lads are 15 years old, in your rather odd world they''ll be starting the first game of next season presumably?

Herb, in Worthington''s time at the club, only one Youth Team product has become a regular member of the squad, and that''s Greeno.  Shackell is the next best, but he still gets dropped in favour of Fleming every now and again.

Do you honestly believe the current set up is capable of blooding in youngsters and developing them into first team players? If you do, then I''d love to have your optimism...

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]

Herb, in Worthington''s time at the club,

only one Youth Team product has become a regular member of the squad,

and that''s Greeno.  Shackell is the next best, but he still gets

dropped in favour of Fleming every now and again.

Do you honestly believe the current set up is capable of blooding in

youngsters and developing them into first team players? If you do, then

I''d love to have your optimism...

[/quote]

Shackell is a first team regular. Maybe not a nailed on start every

game player, but his chances last season were limited by ill-timed

injuries.

Not every youth team player is going to become the next Rooney or

Terry. If it happens, great, but there simply aren''t that many of ''em

around (likewise Greeno)

What about Boro? Fantastic crop of youngsters there...

Hell, even down the road they''ve got a great track record of developing the kids.

You can use the "catchment area" excuse all you want, but the fact is that whilst some of these kids are very talented, they''re just not given the chance to shine in the first team and many just wallow in the reserves until they''re released.  The example of Danny Crow springs to mind, and he wasn''t even allowed the chance to wallow!