Sign in to follow this  
Saint Canary

Where does this assumption come from?

In the Lee Cook article on the Pink Un home page the following passage appears;

"For most - Canary management included - the No1 requirement is likely to be a no-nonsense, strapping centre-forward in the Steve Howard-mould with a right-sided midfielder not too far behind."

Who see''s a target man as the No.1 requirement in the transfer market ahead of a right-sided midfielder? Personally I would put the emphasis on it being the other way round.

Its a bit of a dilema for me so many areas I''d like to improve but probably just isnt finacially feasable. Top priority would be the midfield, center or right midfield but I''d probably go for a good right midfielder. I''d really like to see someone with the ability to command the team someone who will take up the captain role properly, its certainly something we''ve missed. The defence is going to need more depth, if one of our good choices goes out we don''t have any good backups and I think we need a new left back with charlton leaving and to me drury is not consistant and can be a liability at times, he needs competition for his place to really movtivate him to a better level. I agree with the idea of another attacker, anyone know where the next Iwan Roberts may be found?

[quote user="Saint Canary"]

In the Lee Cook article on the Pink Un home page the following passage appears;

"For most - Canary management included - the No1 requirement is likely to be a no-nonsense, strapping centre-forward in the Steve Howard-mould with a right-sided midfielder not too far behind."

Who see''s a target man as the No.1 requirement in the transfer market ahead of a right-sided midfielder? Personally I would put the emphasis on it being the other way round.

[/quote]knowing how worthy wants us to play, it may as well be from the negative ones mouth.....

I agree that can only come from a club source cant it?    Its not the fans number one choice although it has featured on my options if we are to persist with just a long ball game next season - sibide anyone?

Surely the number one priority has to be to fix the midfield - in particular the glaring right midfield slot?  Then a central midfielder who can pass and score.

Then we need cover at centre back, a real decision about right back and then a left back cover solution - thats before we get to a proper left sided midfielder - about the only position where we have the strapping centre forward as a priority over.  Questions remain over the keeper too.

One thing we have is bucket loads of strikers - sadly they are all of the same style that does not suit our , um quality approach work.  We even have a terrific striker on loan who I would prefer more than most but whether we need him as well as the other strikers is debatable as he certainly is not a right midfielder.