Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

spillane

monday was my first chance to see him in action and i was very impressed. i think he was the best player on the pitch by far in the first half, and i was mystified as to why he was taken off at half time.

i have heard worthy say he was injured but i find this hard to believe as i know first hand what a groin strain is like and it was impossible to continue.

how many people feel he was injured or it was a smokescreen for worthy to say ive given youth a chance and it failed? (maybe thats just me being cynical?)

thhe boy done good as they say...

dont forget Worthy once had "proof" that dean ashton was injured.. when he was on his way to West ham...

We never lie to the fans! says doncaster

jas :)

whether he was injured or not I believe worthless was correct to take him off even though he had not looked troubled or out of his depth.

I believe that he was taken off for his own good as it would have been detremental to continue playing in a team that was being barracked by the crowd. Perhaps even worthy didnt believe that the players would turn the game around.

That was 1 thing that worthy got right on Monday!!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

thhe boy done good as they say...

dont forget Worthy once had "proof" that dean ashton was injured.. when he was on his way to West ham...

We never lie to the fans! says doncaster

jas :)

[/quote] Ashton did have an injury.  It may or may not have been serious enough to stop him playing. 

It''s the difference between telling outright lies and being economical with the truth. Doncaster is a lawyer by training (not an accountant as I used to think).  He chooses his words extremely carefully.  He doesn''t lie, but I''m pretty sure he doesn''t tell the whole truth. 

[quote user="baldyboy"]

monday was my first chance to see him in action and i was very impressed. i think he was the best player on the pitch by far in the first half, and i was mystified as to why he was taken off at half time.

i have heard worthy say he was injured but i find this hard to believe as i know first hand what a groin strain is like and it was impossible to continue.

how many people feel he was injured or it was a smokescreen for worthy to say ive given youth a chance and it failed? (maybe thats just me being cynical?)

[/quote]

He was playing in front of us in the first half, and it was clear to me that he wasn''t moving properly for at least ten minutes before half time.