Sign in to follow this  
Karl Pilkington

1 years notice

Everybody says it would cost a years wages to get worthy out as he is on a yearly rolling contract. It is obvious that the board also wants to give him more time.

Why don''t they serve him his 1 years notice??? He would then get another year to sort it out, but if he doesn''t he can hit the road with out it costing us a penny.

[quote user="Iwans Front Teeth"]

Everybody says it would cost a years wages to get worthy out as he is on a yearly rolling contract. It is obvious that the board also wants to give him more time.

Why don''t they serve him his 1 years notice??? He would then get another year to sort it out, but if he doesn''t he can hit the road with out it costing us a penny.

[/quote]

Naff off  IFT!,  I''m too old as it is mate, to have the benefit of yet another God awful year under his management..

Kick him out NOW!.

It''s superficially attractive, but how much more long-term damage will it permit? If he is as bad as many of us think, then an early severance will permit recovery sooner under different managment, and may in the end be less expensive. Do we really think that wasting more money on transfers this summer, importing expensive loan players little better to cover for the poor signings, and all the poor tactics and decisions, are really going to achieve more than mediocrity?

I suppose "Naff off" is as harsh as it can be here. Not been told that for a while.

Calm down Wizard. I don''t want him here any longer either. But it looks like the board have some extra strong rose tinted spectacles as far as the golden boy is concerned.

go down the rangers route.. McLeish was on a rollng contract.. so Rangers served him his notice.. job done!

jas :)

Another year to do another years worth of damage. The club cannot afford to have worthington another year. The parchute money gone................................................................. 

Why not put him on gardening leave like Ian Holloway?  

That way we dont have to pay all the cash out at once, the club can assuage their fear that he will get another club promoted and we have the parachute monies to be invested by a new manager who may recall what football is really all about...

I just can`t see Nigel  putting  up with everyone  knowing that he`s working  his notice !  the probable result would  be his resignation  ....  come to think of it ....[I]

My reliable source says that he''s already been served his notice, back in February. The board are giving him til October and then he''s out if things don''t desperately improve.