Sign in to follow this  
essex canary

The Anti Legacy Fans Agenda

Ahah! Time for a brief sum up of the agenda here.

Clubs targeting forrena's over those hardworking fans that get free season tickets and kick up a stink about someone getting the free season ticket that wasn't theirs and who wasn't interested in kicking up a stink who didn't get the ticket the first person felt they should get despite it clearly not being hereditary.

There.

We have got to the "blame it on Jonny foreigner" part of this story, albeit about 15-20years late on this one. I'd love to say it's hunting for a new stick but it's more a case of trying to reskin the old one.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, chicken said:

Ahah! Time for a brief sum up of the agenda here.

Clubs targeting forrena's over those hardworking fans that get free season tickets and kick up a stink about someone getting the free season ticket that wasn't theirs and who wasn't interested in kicking up a stink who didn't get the ticket the first person felt they should get despite it clearly not being hereditary.

There.

We have got to the "blame it on Jonny foreigner" part of this story, albeit about 15-20years late on this one. I'd love to say it's hunting for a new stick but it's more a case of trying to reskin the old one.

What did you put on another thread

'Respecting a deceased's legacy'

Clearly no consistency of argument.

Also you can't blame jonny foreigner unless. of course, they are Welsh or Malaysian.

Edited by essex canary

30 minutes ago, essex canary said:

What did you put on another thread

'Respecting a deceased's legacy'

Clearly no consistency of argument.

Also you can't blame jonny foreigner unless. of course, they are Welsh.

Hahaha! Oh deary me.

There's a difference between a season ticket for life and someone's death attempting to be used to prise money out of another party.

Actually, now you say it, you're right.

Nothing like constantly bring up a deceased's family against their wishes.

Especially whilst demonstrating what an upstanding citizen you are by demanding refunds on tickets you didn't buy...

Dear chap, I think we've found the perfect club to match you to, may I introduce you to Cardiff City...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, chicken said:

Hahaha! Oh deary me.

There's a difference between a season ticket for life and someone's death attempting to be used to prise money out of another party.

Actually, now you say it, you're right.

Nothing like constantly bring up a deceased's family against their wishes.

Especially whilst demonstrating what an upstanding citizen you are by demanding refunds on tickets you didn't buy...

Dear chap, I think we've found the perfect club to match you to, may I introduce you to Cardiff City...

They certainly won't have many fans left if the jonny foreigner puts up the price of season tickets to cover their losses. But we can never be critical of jonny foreigner for doing that can we?

52 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

We’ve all been wishing the OP would ‘ Take a hike ‘ for months now.

It will sadly be whooooosh ! and water off a ducks back Graham.

• Like 1

On 21/04/2024 at 13:04, essex canary said:

The article on the back of the Observer Sports Section today suggests the Victorians got it right in terms of the economic rewards of football between owners, supporters and players. Every subsequent decision has been a retrograde step leading to where we are now.

If you want to go support a local amateur club, rather than a local club you claim is amateur, no-one here will stop you.  

So, to get this right, this is the whinge that match day gate revenue is now so insignificant vs TV revenue that ‘true fans’ (TM) get screwed over by clubs (by raising the costs of season tickets rather than have their ‘true fandom’ (TM Pending) subsidised by the increasing TV money) in favour of the ‘special day out’ supporter who might stay in the club hotel, buy meals in the club eateries and blow a load in the club shop.

This may (or may not) be true for big clubs with global reach, but not true for the likes of us.  We do not have a significant international fanbase, and we are not likely to get one whilst we remain a yo-yo club.  We do not have the cache of a Manchester United, or a Real Madrid, or a Liverpool, or Barcelona, or Roma (MA, please ignore this, of course we do and you should absolutely give us your squillions…).  If we have fans located in the far east, it is highly likely that we exported them in the first place.

Our most expensive season ticket (excluding the lounges)?  £50 a month over 12 months.  That’s less than most people’s ‘coffee, beer and fags’ budget.  When you add casual gambling in, it’s a load less.  In fact, that £50 a month is nearly less than the cost of Sky Sports to watch the games sat on your sofa.  Liverpool is 50% more than us (if you can get one), although they do have tiered pricing where the cheapest is £700, and Man U’s is more than 50% more, but their cheapest adult season ticket is less than our cheapest.

Are we being taken for a ride on ticket pricing?  I’d actually say that the casual non-season ticket fan is more being taken for a ride.  £25 membership to be able to get tickets to all but the least popular games (unless you sit in a corner seat), tickets ‘keenly’ priced,  difficulty in getting multiple seats near each other.  If I could get to more than a couple of home games per year, I would seriously consider getting a season ticket just to be able to get seats together with my son for the games that we could make, and sell the rest of the tickets back to the club.  But I’m not sure Mrs Bobz would be keen on £700 for going to 3/4 games with the hope of making perhaps £200 back from handing back tickets to the other 19 (assuming championship football next year, and not taking into consideration season ticket availability).

I don’t think that season ticket holders do badly at all here.

• Like 1