dylanisabaddog

The honours list

Rishi has let himself down a bit by giving an honour to a dubious character who gave the Tories £5m. The news made me pause briefly to think who I would honour. I'd go for 

The person who invented Hob Nobs

The person who created Archers sausages 

Professor Alice Roberts 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Rishi has let himself down a bit by giving an honour to a dubious character who gave the Tories £5m. The news made me pause briefly to think who I would honour. I'd go for 

The person who invented Hob Nobs

The person who created Archers sausages 

Professor Alice Roberts 

The person who realised that PVC could be used to make clothes.

Paul and Oliver Collyer (creators of Championship Manager and Football Manager).

Joe Strummer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Paul and Oliver are surely responsible for as many addicts as crack. That game is intense if you let it be. I spent weeks getting Ipswich to nonhl league once just because I could. You're sacked. You add manager and start again. I was on at least keano20 by the end. I've only played it on consoles for the last few years and sadly you can't do that so easily. 

They get my vote too. 

Along with Roger daltrey for his teenage cancer trust work. 

Id also make it a rule that no still participating sportsman was eligible for an honour. In fact if you get it for any job it should be after you retire.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, The Raptor said:

Paul and Oliver are surely responsible for as many addicts as crack. That game is intense if you let it be. I spent weeks getting Ipswich to nonhl league once just because I could. You're sacked. You add manager and start again. I was on at least keano20 by the end. I've only played it on consoles for the last few years and sadly you can't do that so easily. 

They get my vote too. 

Along with Roger daltrey for his teenage cancer trust work. 

Id also make it a rule that no still participating sportsman was eligible for an honour. In fact if you get it for any job it should be after you retire.

No one should get an honour for something they've been paid for. There is always an exception to every rule and that is Prof Alice Roberts. 

• Like 1

When it comes to honours , the elevation of Charlotte Owen to the HOL is a strange one . 

We can only speculate .

800px-Yukiya_Amano_with_Boris_Johnson_in_London_-_2018_41099455635_cropped.thumb.jpg.63f663bf64842cf956c17cb31a9f1b74.jpgWho-Is-Charlotte-Owen.thumb.jpg.45b7064fc8a609df76d2903eaf31d753.jpg

2 minutes ago, MooreMarriot said:

When it comes to honours , the elevation of Charlotte Owen to the HOL is a strange one . 

We can only speculate .

800px-Yukiya_Amano_with_Boris_Johnson_in_London_-_2018_41099455635_cropped.thumb.jpg.63f663bf64842cf956c17cb31a9f1b74.jpgWho-Is-Charlotte-Owen.thumb.jpg.45b7064fc8a609df76d2903eaf31d753.jpg

There is an injunction. Allegedly.