1 hour ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

More than decent championship players usually get snapped up by EPL clubs….

Or they get their own clubs promoted.  If that fits in with your narrative, of course.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, hogesar said:

Funny how Farke came in for McLean and not Nunez then. 

Almost as if my view isn't controversial at all, mine is in line with those who actually know football, yours is with yourself.

as for my apparent controversial view, it appears 90% of the fanbase has come around to my way of thinking.

It's OK to be wrong mate, your points prediction in October has to be up there with the worst takes ever submitted on this forum but everyone's been kind enough to keep quiet on it.. 

It was a very bold prediction. But we’ve been here before, haven’t we?! 

Essentially I recognised the importance of the Sargent and Barnes fulcrum, and the more pertinent point overarching my prediction (which was extreme to get the point across), was that the wheels would fall off and it would be a catastrophic collapse in form. I was proved right, ultimately, and confirmed by your petulance ignoring me during the poor run. Fortunately for us, as Norwich fans, it wasn’t  as bad as my prediction. But take away the wins at Bristol City and Cardiff and it would’ve been.

My judgement has been further enhanced by the form since the pair returned to fitness too. I could see how critical S&B were, most, including you couldn’t. But certainly do now.

Anyway… hopefully that one’s done. But if anyone doesn’t want to continue being  ‘kind’ to me and call me out forever and more, feel free. Really childish mate 😂

Anyway back on topic.

“Funny how Farke came in for McLean and not Nunez.” 

What are your trying to prove with that statement? Farke clearly came in for McLean because he rates him for the Championship and knows he very well having managed him for 3.5 season. Awful ‘evidence’ to prove your view McLean is a better player than Nunez. As a Championship side, we’re fortunate to have both though, aren’t we. 

Edited by Creedence Clearwater Couto

10 hours ago, Google Bot said:

Or they get their own clubs promoted.  If that fits in with your narrative, of course.

My narrative is McLean is a decent Championship player and not at the level required for the EPL. No surprise, he’s been part of a side that gets promoted from the Champs, being a decent player. I don’t get your point, sorry?

On 17/03/2024 at 06:44, MC_NCFC said:

I’ll admit I never quite got Kenny McLean.

For years I’d moan I hadn’t even noticed him on the pitch. Had he done anything or did he just do the basics. I was even more frustrated when I looked back at how he played at Aberdeen. A few scoring box to box type player.

He’s been with us 7 seasons and I’ve started to see what he is about. He really makes us tick, he’s essentially for both our defensive and attacking play. He keeps possession and can play a defence splitting pass.

What has brought this change? Why now? Or has he always been this player and I just couldn’t see it before?

He’s always been a good player but he’s not a natural holding player, nor is Sara. And that was our problem earlier in the season. Both are best when getting on the ball, being given a bit of freedom to roam and to play incisive passes. Kenny also very good at CB as he can see the whole game in front of him. Nunez and Sainz coming into the side has really improved the form of both Kenny and Sara. 

• Like 1