astro

How many points do we need?

40 minutes ago, Hairy Canary said:

Best to get to 75 but that is the absolute most we need. If the Binners beat Hull this weekend we don't need any more points. 

If we lose our last 2 by 1 goal, and Coventry win their last 3 by 1 goal, Coventry will be above us on goal difference, so theoretically, we still need at least 1 draw to be clear of them. That's ignoring Hull of course.

6 minutes ago, Lazza said:

If we lose our last 2 by 1 goal, and Coventry win their last 3 by 1 goal, Coventry will be above us on goal difference, so theoretically, we still need at least 1 draw to be clear of them. That's ignoring Hull of course.

Fair point. Unlikely but strange things happen. Just trying to make the point that we don't necessarily need to get 75 - it's the most we need.

I remain very optimistic that we will make the play offs and ACN will not resurface again this season. 75 points should be enough, as others have stated, and it would be helpful for our heart rates if those could be secured on Saturday please Mr Wagner. 

The third placed team now looks likely to be Leeds or 1p5wich with the Saints in fourth and Leicester taking the title. I'm not sure my heart will cope with a local derby over two legs, although I think we would have more of a chance facing that rather than Leeds in the semis. Therefore an all out assault on fifth seems necessary to then allow the Baggies to overhaul the binners or dirty Leeds in the semis and for us to beat them in the final. So straight forward on paper. 😀  

• Like 2