Sign in to follow this  
A Load of Squit

Fans protest & they win!

Lot of respect for ze Germans when it comes to football, they run the game properly for the benefit of the fans. Hopefully one day the Premier League collapses and we can get the English game back 

• Like 4

On 22/02/2024 at 10:59, A Load of Squit said:

In the Bundesliga.

The remote controlled cars with the flares in was ingenious.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68362884

Plans to sell a stake in Bundesliga TV rights in exchange for investment have been scrapped by German football bosses following months of fan protests.

I think the best one was 10k plus marbles

2 hours ago, Fen Canary said:

Lot of respect for ze Germans when it comes to football, they run the game properly for the benefit of the fans. Hopefully one day the Premier League collapses and we can get the English game back 

I agree in part, but also its a complete Bayern Munich monopoly (this season aside) so they haven't got everything right.

9 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

I agree in part, but also its a complete Bayern Munich monopoly (this season aside) so they haven't got everything right.

Yeah I’ve always wondered what the cause of that is, perhaps somebody more clued up than me on German football could explain why they’ve been so dominant. Is there something that gives them an unfair advantage, or is it down to them being very well run? 

14 hours ago, Fen Canary said:

Yeah I’ve always wondered what the cause of that is, perhaps somebody more clued up than me on German football could explain why they’ve been so dominant. Is there something that gives them an unfair advantage, or is it down to them being very well run? 

Mostly it's down to money, they probably get about 4 times the money of the other Bundesliga teams, it allows them to have much bigger squads than their rivals, clubs who try to compete with them end up getting into financial trouble.

Even B Dortmund (who have bigger crowds than B Munich) struggle and they've been close to going out of business, ironically they were bailed out by a loan from Bayern Munich.

16 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Mostly it's down to money, they probably get about 4 times the money of the other Bundesliga teams, it allows them to have much bigger squads than their rivals, clubs who try to compete with them end up getting into financial trouble.

Even B Dortmund (who have bigger crowds than B Munich) struggle and they've been close to going out of business, ironically they were bailed out by a loan from Bayern Munich.

How is they earn so much more money than the other clubs, if their gates are in line with the other big teams? Do they earn loads for finishing higher, which in turn cements their advantage? 

11 hours ago, Fen Canary said:

How is they earn so much more money than the other clubs, if their gates are in line with the other big teams? Do they earn loads for finishing higher, which in turn cements their advantage? 

Basically they're very good at leveraging their historical & current position as the Bundesliga's top club, they get the best sponsorship deals and buy the best players (especially from rival teams).

The 50+1 ownership model which is designed to protect clubs memberships from outside investment could also be helping them as it has the effect of ruling out major outside investment in their rivals, recently RB Leipzig tried to work a loophole into the 50+1 rule to allow Red Bull invest heavily to challenge B Munich but the DFL stopped them.