On 11/02/2024 at 07:13, BroadstairsR said:

Fass did little yesterday. He's a bit of a disappointment in fact. Possibly a decent player who doesn't quite fit for some reason. Cedric Anselin called him an intelligent player recently, and I trust this judgement but find it increasingly difficult to evaluate positively.

I call him the 'chocolate teapot' and would prefer Argos, despite his limitations, as an energetic option.  

Cedric anselin possibly the most annoying person to listen to and has little of interest to say in my book which holds any clout. 

I think Fassnacht will only get better. First season abroad and a step up. The fact we don't have many better options in Onel etc, so I'd stick with Fassnacht and hope he shows improvement.

2 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Trouble with Rowe is that he is yet to complete a full season. 

We're now down to Onel, Fassnacht and Sainz. With Tzolis and Springett on loan, Placheta gone and Rowe injured it's starting to look a bit bare bones. 

Sarge on the wing anyone 😉

You're forgetting Super Sorenson our utility player all star, who is actually pretty turd.

2 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Sarge on the wing anyone 😉

I'd happily play Stacey out wide, has plenty of stamina, carries the ball well, will chased back and tackle, and demonstrated that he can put a cross in.  Played right mid for Bournemouth too.

So here we have a lot of people' complaining about Fassnacht. He is a Swiss international who has played in the Champions League for goodness sake. His positional sense and finishing ability is excellent. Not as good defensively often loses his man. Not a jonny Rowe but then who is in the championship and doesn't get injured. Cost nothing what's not to like?

Kenny 2 is suspect

11 hours ago, Besthorpe-48 said:

So here we have a lot of people' complaining about Fassnacht. He is a Swiss international who has played in the Champions League for goodness sake. His positional sense and finishing ability is excellent. Not as good defensively often loses his man. Not a jonny Rowe but then who is in the championship and doesn't get injured. Cost nothing what's not to like?

Kenny 2 is suspect

He was not a 'free' but signed for the usual 'undisclosed fee'. A lot of speculation from various sources that it was c£3M or so.