57 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

No they didn't. 

Don’t start that game. Find me any quote from the Wagner or Webber “lovers” that frequently get referred to.

9 hours ago, RobJames said:

Utterly meaningless as they're not set against any control. No factoring in any of the numerous variables in the games.  No provable cause and effect.

You might just as well claim that when our attendance figures end with a number between 0-4 we have won more home games.  The point there being, to follow the above 'reasoning', to ensure that the attendance figure does not end with any of the 5 numbers from 5-9.

“Utterly meaningless” “no provable cause and effect” 

Excuse me, but what on earth are you banging on about? It is clear from ‘provable’ results we are better with Sargent than without. Which is the point being made.

I guess football analysis and punditry isn’t a thing then.. given there’s no “control” 

What a load of rubbish. 

Edited by Creedence Clearwater Couto

8 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

Don’t start that game. Find me any quote from the Wagner or Webber “lovers” that frequently get referred to.

Wtf are you talking about? There was no realistic expectation that Norwich would be relegated this season. To suggest we are doing well because "many people" predicted we would go down is patent ****.

It should tell you something that people are having to resort to outright lies to frame this season in a positive light.

2 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

Wtf are you talking about? There was no realistic expectation that Norwich would be relegated this season. To suggest we are doing well because "many people" predicted we would go down is patent ****.

It should tell you something that people are having to resort to outright lies to frame this season in a positive light.

Agree with you but I am correct that thete were many people who thought they would be relegated. Happy to research with examples. Not sure who you think is lying but it is not me. In my reply to your insistence in viewing the season as it was on Friday I looked at the overall position and made a comparative analysis of the relative finishes of the 6 teams vying for 5th or 6th place. At the moment if you assess Sunderland form so far this season and project it over 46 games 71 points would be required to reach 6th place. 

And although I don't like focusing on individual games if norwich beat Sunderland at home then norwich would be above Sunderland who are currently 6th.

It is impossible at this point to conclude this season will not be a success any more to conclude it will be a failure.

Try being a bit more objective then you might be a bit happier!

1 hour ago, Besthorpe-48 said:

Agree with you but I am correct that thete were many people who thought they would be relegated. Happy to research with examples. Not sure who you think is lying but it is not me. In my reply to your insistence in viewing the season as it was on Friday I looked at the overall position and made a comparative analysis of the relative finishes of the 6 teams vying for 5th or 6th place. At the moment if you assess Sunderland form so far this season and project it over 46 games 71 points would be required to reach 6th place. 

And although I don't like focusing on individual games if norwich beat Sunderland at home then norwich would be above Sunderland who are currently 6th.

It is impossible at this point to conclude this season will not be a success any more to conclude it will be a failure.

Try being a bit more objective then you might be a bit happier!

Nobody seriously believed we were in danger of relegation. There may have been a few fake binner accounts bleating about the prospect, but nobody genuinely believed that a squad largely accepted as being the 3rd or 4th well remunerated in the league, was going to be relegated.

It'd be like predicting Chelsea or Man Utd were going to be relegated.

To say we could be in a relegation battle so be positive is spin that would embarrass a Tory MP. This has been an appalling season where a squad easily capable of top 6 (as evidenced by the two positive runs we've enjoyed this season) is well off where we should be at this stage. If you're happy with that, well done I guess, maybe it's true what they say about bliss and ignorance?

Objectively, next to bookies odds, pundits predictions and squad wage budget, we've underperformed. There has to be a reason for that. Some will conclude luck and injuries, others will say poor management. The reality is a mixture of the two, but it's management that has to accept the bulk of the blame.