Sign in to follow this  
Foxy2600

Why is this woman still competing?

Some woman from an authoritarian state and supporter of the worst terrorist UN Security Council member, has just won the Aussie Tennis Open - she sounds American

How can this be ? 

1 hour ago, Foxy2600 said:

Some woman from an authoritarian state and supporter of the worst terrorist UN Security Council member, has just won the Aussie Tennis Open - she sounds American

How can this be ? 

Why should she be punished due to actions of a dictator from her place of birth? I’ve no problem banning the football teams playing as they’re playing for a team that is representing that nation as a whole, but in sports such as tennis their nationality is irrelevant as she’s competing as an individual 

OK.. Emily Pankhurst

Not happy with your country of birth, do something about it. Not rely on a cushy position in Capitalist land. 

I'm sure there are decent international standard sportswomen and men laying down their lives on the Donetsk frontline and that **** is just coining it in 

13 minutes ago, Foxy2600 said:

OK.. Emily Pankhurst

Not happy with your country of birth, do something about it. Not rely on a cushy position in Capitalist land. 

I'm sure there are decent international standard sportswomen and men laying down their lives on the Donetsk frontline and that **** is just coining it in 

This is possibly the most childish, idiotic post I’ve read on this site.

What do you expect a tennis player to do against a dictator propped up by another dictator, both of which control the media in their respective countries, disappear political opponents and harass the families of anybody who doesn’t toe the line? As far as I’m aware she’s never once offered support for Putin or Lukashenko so what are you actually punishing her for? Is every Russian or Belarusian guilty by association of the crimes of the lunatics in charge? 

20 minutes ago, Fen Canary said:

This is possibly the most childish, idiotic post I’ve read on this site.

What do you expect a tennis player to do against a dictator propped up by another dictator, both of which control the media in their respective countries, disappear political opponents and harass the families of anybody who doesn’t toe the line? As far as I’m aware she’s never once offered support for Putin or Lukashenko so what are you actually punishing her for? Is every Russian or Belarusian guilty by association of the crimes of the lunatics in charge? 

Oh good - crack on son! 

7 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Can you explain what exactly you're on about?

A woman from Belarus won the Australian open tennis. Belarus openly supports Russia and is essentially a satellite state. 

I'm against Russia or Russians taking part in any sporting event due to their long history of doping. Have a look at some video of yesterday's game and the physical strength and stature of the Russian. 

Edited by dylanisabaddog

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

A woman from Belarus won the Australian open tennis. Belarus openly supports Russia and is essentially a satellite state. 

I'm against Russia or Russians taking part in any sporting event due to their long history of doping. Have a look at some video of yesterday's game and the physical strength and stature of the Russian. 

She’s not from Russia, and she’s never failed a drugs test.

The Williams sisters were often much bigger and stronger than their opponents, were they on the roids as well?