Sign in to follow this  
Yobocop

Yobocop’s Big Post of the Week: NCFC Bull**** Rumours

Just now, Nexus_Canary said:

The whole part where we fired Farke and then Dean Smith got fired by Villa and national media was saying that Webbo had always had a secret little fancy for Smith and had him labeled as his first choice replacement for Farke all along.

Oh wait... FCUK that wasnt a rumour that was for real life.
**** 😞

Sort of a rumour though with the first choice replacement bit 

2 hours ago, raunds canary said:

In the summer when Sutton eventually went to Blackburn I have newspaper cuttings linking us with swapping him for Ian Wright at arsenal 

Christ… and instead, we replaced Sutton with Mike Sheron. 

14 hours ago, paddycanary said:

Were the Alderweireld/van Dijk/Koulibaly/Ola Toivonen rumours all from the same summer window? Perhaps when Hughton kept us up? The aul memory isn't great. I seem to recall reading somewhere that the costly failure to land such ambitious targets around that time (and later on Zimmermann's arch-nemesis Haller) got the ball rolling on concrete plans to upgrade the training facilities and academy.

(p.s. Koulibaly relegated us!)

Alderweireld was the summer of 2013 when Hughton kept us up. Apparently his agent visited Colney but wanted to wait for a better offer, and he ended up joining Atletico Madrid. 

Van Dijk and Koulibaly were both summer of 2015 when we went up under Neil. Van Dijk chose Southampton over us, and Koulibaly ended up staying at Napoli because it was late in the window and they couldn't get a replacement. We didn't sign a centre back that summer, but did sign Klose for about £8.5m in the January window.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Alderweireld was the summer of 2013 when Hughton kept us up. Apparently his agent visited Colney but wanted to wait for a better offer, and he ended up joining Atletico Madrid. 

Van Dijk and Koulibaly were both summer of 2015 when we went up under Neil. Van Dijk chose Southampton over us, and Koulibaly ended up staying at Napoli because it was late in the window and they couldn't get a replacement. We didn't sign a centre back that summer, but did sign Klose for about £8.5m in the January window.

Fair play Wacky. Some memory on you, I'm not even sure what I did last weekend, never mind a decade ago. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, paddycanary said:

Were the Alderweireld/van Dijk/Koulibaly/Ola Toivonen rumours all from the same summer window? Perhaps when Hughton kept us up? The aul memory isn't great. I seem to recall reading somewhere that the costly failure to land such ambitious targets around that time (and later on Zimmermann's arch-nemesis Haller) got the ball rolling on concrete plans to upgrade the training facilities and academy.

(p.s. Koulibaly relegated us!)

Lucas Biglia was around this time too I think?