Sign in to follow this  

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]Can someone please explain why our young central midfielder Rossi Jarvis whom is fully fit was left out of the squad, whilst a player who was never going to be given a game sat on the bench and an ageing left back played in midfield??[/quote] I think Worthington is the only person who could explain that!! Sometimes I wonder if he even knows why......

Not only a left back, but a left back who has already been told he''s off at the end of the season!!

That''s looking at the future for you.

To my knowledge Rossi has always played at the back either right or left of centre half in earlier days.  I believe he has been moved to midfield because of pace, whilst he will no doubt be a acomplished central midfielder one day I dont think in my opinion he would be up to the job at the moment.  I think this is why when they played him against West Ham they at least played him in a position he was totally comfortable with, but the pace was obvioulsy the problem.  IMO he would need a season in reserves at central midfield before he is ready for first team action.

[quote user="Alex Harvey-Jones"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]Can someone please explain why our young central midfielder Rossi Jarvis whom is fully fit was left out of the squad, whilst a player who was never going to be given a game sat on the bench and an ageing left back played in midfield??[/quote] I think Worthington is the only person who could explain that!! Sometimes I wonder if he even knows why......[/quote]

that just about sums it up!

Well dont ask Nigel Worthington he is only the manager.

And I dont think even he really know why he does things, does he? Is there really a logic to all this?

Lost the plot comes to mind. Anyway why did the ageing left back Simon Charlton play in centre midfield when he is leaving the club in the summer and we had recognised midfielders on the bench and players like Jarvis and Spillane in need of first team experience? Square pegs round holes again, just like strikers playing on the right wing, because he has so far forgotten to sign a winger/right side midfield player. Its like playing hoofball up to small forwards or thinking Doherty could hack it as a premiership striker.

Worthy is a man who see''s things other people fail to see after all. Like ability and class in Hughes, Etuhu, Robinson, Colin, Louis Jean, and Thorne. Or believing Fleming and Charlton were a premiership central defensive pairing. Or things like Edworthy, Mackay and Svensson were past it. That Holt was holding his own in the prem and Helveg was not up to it until the coin finally dropped.

Why he signed players like Briggs, Heckingbottom, Ethuhu, Colin, who never play, and will earnshaw fall into this bracket?

Why players who have proven goal scoring records see their goals dry up once they get to Carrow Road?

I could go on but why because Delia and Co think this ''manager'' is doing a good job. Why?

It is really baffeling. Where does he get his ideas from? And do Delia and Co think he is doing a good job?