Sign in to follow this  
CanaryNut

Reasons why.....

In a separate posting I put forward my views on ''''what is best'''' for the rest of the season, and from the replies to date I seem to have others agreeing with my sentiments. One posting disagreed however, calling me a ''''Chase sympathiser'''', although I cannot see the relevance of this particularly when linked to my overall comments.

It is a great pity that some see this whole scenario as ''''us'''' verses ''''them'''' - more like a conflict of war. It is our Football Club we are talking about here and although feelings are running high, people have got to be wary of the overall effect of all this. I therefore reiterate my earlier comments/concerns re calling a truce/halt on these protests etc.

David Stringer seems to have been quoted in some instances to back up those who think Worthy is ''''past his sell by date''''.  Please note however that he says in today''s ''''EDP'''' that ''''fans might just have to be patient and wait for the good times to return to Carrow Road''''. He also says ''''Sometimes you have to accept the rough with the smooth, you have good times, you have bad times and you have to get through them''''. 

Norwich City are not the only club to have suffered a bad season. They will not be the last. Other clubs have gone through similar experiences. It hurts us because it is our club. If we had been able to put out a settled side for most of this season then I think this would definitely be a justifyable reason to be even more concerned. As it is we have seen different names on the teamsheets for a variety of reasons week in/week out due to either injuries/non availability/or for some reason taking longer than envisaged to settle in. Some might argue that it is because the players brought in are not up to scratch - but how long does it take for a player to settle? 1 month, 2, 3, 4? - probably it differs from player to player. Have we expected too much from them - especially after the ''''heady heights'''', comparatively speaking of the last few years? What I do know is that I like the look of JJ and hope that we can sign him on a permanent basis. One or two others to fill the gaps will hopefully mean a pre season after the remainder of this one to all work together. This is what is required in this Division - stability in a good squad of players.

I am not trying to defend the manager here, just trying to balance things out.  I hope those people that matter also ''balance things out'' so we can all get back to normality and look forward to 2006/07 with much anticipation! 

Blimey, what a common sense post amongst all all the hysterical others! However, expect to have it picked to bits by the slightly more hissy members of the board, and I, in turn, expect to tarred and feathered with you. Oh yeah and you''ll be accused of being Nigel in disguise or at least an employee of the club!!

A very reasonable post, Canary Nut.  Reason seems to be somewhat lacking on this board these days.  Wait for the barrage of abuse....

after being jostled and insulted at saturdays match for expressing a worthy out opinion, i can''t wait for peace once again at carra rd.  your point re stringers call for more time, taking the rough with the smooth, would have more impact if this was worthy''s 1st season of disappointment.  its quite clear that many supporters contend last season relegation a disappointment, if not a failure, else not surely worthy would be given more rope to play with by the fans.

A good post, and I agree with your call a cessation of protests etc. Personally I do not buy in to the arguement that our expectations maybe to high. I have some sympathy with the "bedding in" arguement but after hearing the interview with Dean Kiely on MOTD, following the latest Pompey defeat, less so.

I Like your post Canary Nut, with the exception of a misconception by some that Stringer may have backed up the Worthy critics conception that he is past his sell by date.  How I read Mr Stringers statement was that in his opinion it is inevitable that at some time we all reach that date. However a good post. Thanks.

I may have slipped up here because I have just posted my feelings about the board content of recent times, If I had read your good artical, would have used it as a reply.