Terminally Yellow

Harry Toffolo charged with 375 breaches of FA Betting Regs

"Toffolo breached FA rules which ban players from placing bets or passing on information that could be used for betting 375 times between 22 January 2014 and 18 March 2017.

He was a Norwich City player at the time, and played on loan for Swindon, Rotherham, Peterborough and S****horpe."

I presume it was for betting, as passing on information would be hard to prove, especially down to a specific number.  Players may well be offered a bribe to throw a match etc - but hardly 375 times in the lower leagues.

I suspect he had an account and was betting on other games. Not the worst offence and as long as he was not playing in any of them no real harm done. But, and a big but. He cannot claim he was not aware of the rules, and so knew he was breaking them.  Perhaps that does explain the lesser sentence and it being suspended.

16 hours ago, RobJames said:

"Toffolo breached FA rules which ban players from placing bets or passing on information that could be used for betting 375 times between 22 January 2014 and 18 March 2017.

He was a Norwich City player at the time, and played on loan for Swindon, Rotherham, Peterborough and S****horpe."

I presume it was for betting, as passing on information would be hard to prove, especially down to a specific number.  Players may well be offered a bribe to throw a match etc - but hardly 375 times in the lower leagues.

I suspect he had an account and was betting on other games. Not the worst offence and as long as he was not playing in any of them no real harm done. But, and a big but. He cannot claim he was not aware of the rules, and so knew he was breaking them.  Perhaps that does explain the lesser sentence and it being suspended.

the thing is he might have had inside knowledge of players injured at those other clubs if he had a mate or another city player at a club on loan etc ,

i imagine it was when he was Bored at home injured nothing else to do , might of been a defence as he might of been low at time due to injuries