Sign in to follow this  
Captain Holt

The Webber quotes thread

56 minutes ago, kenfoggo said:

Having watched the whole Paddy interview I remain completely convinced that our present Sporting Director is not the person to effectively carry this Club forward to the intended target of being a Premiership Club. 

What could he have said to make you think  he is the person to carry this club forward  then. Genuine question.

He's gonna give 110%. ?😉

30 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

What could he have said to make you think  he is the person to carry this club forward  then. Genuine question.

He's gonna give 110%. ?😉

Good question, perhaps an admission that the last two seasons have not only been unacceptable in terms of the entertainment value of the end product and also a perhaps a clear plan of how that will be remedied next season? Anyway, perhaps stop treating the Supporters with contempt would be a start.

3 minutes ago, kenfoggo said:

Good question, perhaps an admission that the last two seasons have not only been unacceptable in terms of the entertainment value of the end product and also a perhaps a clear plan of how that will be remedied next season? Anyway, perhaps stop treating the Supporters with contempt would be a start.

Didn't  he say pretty much that about last season in the peice  , and would have said it about the season before,  a year ago. The clear plan bit i can appreciate, but he's not gonna tell us and the world what it is.... would cost us in transfers.  

Personally I'd have liked him to have fully explained the change of tactics/ philosophy at the time , ie before Farke was expected to make a silk purse out of a sows ear.

15 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Didn't  he say pretty much that about last season in the peice  , and would have said it about the season before,  a year ago. The clear plan bit i can appreciate, but he's not gonna tell us and the world what it is.... would cost us in transfers.  

Personally I'd have liked him to have fully explained the change of tactics/ philosophy at the time , ie before Farke was expected to make a silk purse out of a sows ear.

From what I heard he did - essentially said we needed to be ‘nastier’ and Dean smith ‘helped’ with that. 

Hence why Farke was relieved of his duties 

• Like 1

Yesterday he said quite a bit about style and identity. He said he wants us to be high energy, front foot, controlling the game both with and without the ball, oppo getting ran through and not enjoying their games with us, we're aiming to be the fittest team and much nastier.

I don't think he gave anywhere near as much of clear plan either when Smith was appointed or last summer. It kind of fits with what we saw on the pitch, what was a Dean Smith team? A lot of the stuff we inferred from his previous clubs, for example that he liked to tailor his tactics to the opponent fat more than Farke clearly didn't help.

Maybe that Smith year will go down as a transition season but to me it seems like a year where we panicked and then half arsed a replacement based on one above average season in the Premier League with a team containing players much better than ours. I think we gambled and weren't particularly thinking about the overall philosophy too much.

• Like 1